Which excursion to chose in Jamaica for a solo traveler

filbo132

I booked my cruise with NCL Epic next week and I already chose my two excursions for Cozumel and Costa Maya through NCL....However, I have no clue for Jamaica on which one to chose, I want an excursion in which I feel safe, will have fun, won't have many vendors...for sure I will be booking through with NCL (I feel more secure going with a group). So far I like the Aqua Tubing w beach or River's Dunn fall w beach. I am leaning more towards Aqua Tubing, because many people comment about the vendors at River's Dunn fall....anyone have any suggestions?

I booked my cruise with NCL Epic next week and I already chose my two excursions for Cozumel and Costa Maya through NCL....However, I have no clue for Jamaica on which one to chose, I want an excursion in which I feel safe, will have fun, won't have many vendors...for sure I will be booking through with NCL (I feel more secure going with a group). So far I like the Aqua Tubing w beach or River's Dunn fall w beach. I am leaning more towards Aqua Tubing, because many people comment about the vendors at River's Dunn fall....anyone have any suggestions?

I went tubing in Jamaica last year as a solo. It was a good excursion, I had fun. I also felt safe. Just part of the group, rather that being singled out as a solo cruiser.

I do not really enjoy beach excursions as a solo. Kind of isolating for me personally. No one to watch my stuff on the beach...

I went tubing in Jamaica last year as a solo. It was a good excursion, I had fun. I also felt safe. Just part of the group, rather that being singled out as a solo cruiser.

I do not really enjoy beach excursions as a solo. Kind of isolating for me personally. No one to watch my stuff on the beach...

I love relaxing at the beach, I don't mind leaving my stuff on the beach either, it's not like I have anything valuable to bring, I usually keep my stuff with me even when im in the water. I put my stuff in a waterproof plastic that I keep in my pockets, so that does not worry me.

I've done a Dunn River Falls excursion solo (was staying at an AI, so not with a cruise line). I thought it was fun and felt fine doing it solo, there's a guide assigned to each group going up the falls so you are with a group the whole time. At the end of the climb yes there are vendors. I didn't find it difficult to just walk past them. I generally find vendors to be a hassle but not intimidating, but I also live in NYC and am pretty used to people asking me for stuff on the street and subway all the time. I would have felt like I missed out on something had I not done Dunn River Falls as it's one of the highlights in Jamaica IMO. Tubing you can do anywhere. Just my two cents :)

• 2 months later...

Jamaica is a poverty stricken country. I wouldn't venture out alone anywhere in Jamaica. Also be careful about paying. Use cash. I used my credit card in a port store in Montego Bay in March to buy jerk chicken sauce and a rum cake.In June my credit card company called and inquired about suspicious charges. They were not mine and when investigated the charges were made at a resort in Jamaica and another on line. You would think a port store would at least be safe, but don't trust anyone in Jamaica if you don't want to regret it. Have a great trip.