Sport fishing in the Caribbean

cuzzie

Hi all

I'm looking for a fishing trip for my husband and brother-in law. We are on Azura Feb next year around the Caribbean - visiting Barbados, Grenada, st Lucia, Dominica, st kitts, st Maarten, Tortola, Curaçao and Bonaire. A trip through p & o would be better but will consider a private charter if the price was right. Any ideas and advice would be most welcome.

Hi........I was reading a post about sport fishing on another forum. I think it was HAL. They were complaining bitterly about a sport fishing tour from the Ship.

I can not remember where it was tho. It was in the Caribean tho.

Maybe a trawl, :) , through their forum would show something up.

We have just come off the Azura and for the life of me I can not remember seeing any fishing trips as we got off the ships. I bet there will be loads so maybe best to book before.

I would have seen them as I fish at home and i am always saying can we go fishing.

Edited by 1160451

Hi. We spoke to the Tours desk. They managed to hook us up with another couple who wanted to go Fishing for a day.

Trip was great. Boat was clean and tidy. Good quality tackle provided with beers and refreshments as well.

Cap't Rudi was a great laugh and did his best but I have to say we didn't even get a Nibble. Came away without a single bite :(

http://www.rudysdeepseafishing.com/ is his web site.

A Taxi is required to get to him. Take a Bus Back to the ship (it was $3)

If anyone is booked on Azura in Jan 15 or Britania Xmas 15 and you want to charter a boat, count me in :)

Alex.

We were on Azura in February.

At our first breakfast we met a guy who just happened to mention that he had arranged a boat in Curaçao privately and was looking for some sharers. I jumped at the chance and hoped that he didn't fill the boat! In the end 3 of us had a half day charter. We could have taken up to 8 people but this did not appeal to any of us.

The guy who had made the initial booking got his wrist slapped for 'touting' for business. The P&O spokesperson said he was profiteering and that he should only use their organised trips. Of course there weren't any! They also said it was dangerous etc etc. we pointed out that they themselves did organised trips from Madeira straight out into some of the deepest and most dangerous seas!

Anyway we did it. The cab to the marina was arranged by the skipper and we were out at 09:00 and back at about 14:30.

It was very rough as we trolled up and down the drop off but great fun. A huge pod of dolphins accompanied us for part of the run.

We had a small bonito early on which we thought might be sushi lunch but became live bait. This was taken and missed by a large Wahoo. Skipper said it was 30 to 40 lbs. Then Don had a small barracuda and I had another small tuna.

Not exactly big game fishing but a great day out.

If you can get a small group of like minded friends together you will be able to arrange something like this in any of the ports.

Edited by Movietone

P&O Don't do Fishing trips as a rule. We got lucky but had a bad day. Sea Fishing is not really a British thing. The US Cruise Lines do fishing trips.

If you want to fish, See if your cruise has a roll call on here. Ask in there. Maybe a Facebook Group.

Doing a charter for 1 or 2 costs to much. Get a few on board and it's doable. There are plenty of captains to take you out. Sometimes you have to take a bit of Pot Luck and go for it.

My fave captain has to be Tom who runs the Dos Amigos out of Clearwater Marina. http://clearwatersportfishing.com/

Never had a bad day with Tom. Ask him to take you to Bernies Hole ! You will have a good day and a good catch.