Thanksgiving on an NCL cruise

terrymtex01

This next November will be our first cruise during Thanksgiving. And while we realize Thanksgiving (at least when we celebrate it) is an American holiday, does NCL usually have a "Thanksgiving" dinner? I hope so as it would be disappointing for us not have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

We did a Thanksgiving cruise last year. They put up some Thanksgiving decorations around the ship that day. There was a traditional Thanksgiving dinner offered on the menu in the MDR that night. However, we didn't think it was very good. There was also turkey and Thanksgiving dishes available on the buffet.

We did a Thanksgiving cruise last year. They put up some Thanksgiving decorations around the ship that day. There was a traditional Thanksgiving dinner offered on the menu in the MDR that night. However' date=' we didn't think it was very good. There was also turkey and Thanksgiving dishes available on the buffet.[/quote']

Thanks CJ's Mom.. We didn't even think about it being Thanksgiving when we booked this.. but not having a Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving almost seems unthinkable to us.. LOL. Just GOT to have Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce. 8-)

We were on the GEM last Thanksgiving - and we dined in the buffet. It was awesome - and totally unexpected! They were hand carving turkey, there was stuffing, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce and various other traditional dishes. We were not disappointed!

turkeydinner3_zps7a8789ed.jpg

turkeydinner2_zps62cba6ca.jpg

Edited by pcreek

This next November will be our first cruise during Thanksgiving. And while we realize Thanksgiving (at least when we celebrate it) is an American holiday, does NCL usually have a "Thanksgiving" dinner? I hope so as it would be disappointing for us not have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

We were on the Jade last Thanksgiving and will be again this year with you. The buffet was the way to go rather than the MDR. Everything we had was very good.

Frank

Sent from my HTC One X using Forums mobile app

Speaking of the buffet, someone on the facebook page actually suggested dining there because the thanksgiving dinner was much better there than in the MDR. Speaking of which - what time does the buffet usually close? I love late night leftovers on T-day!!

Does anyone know if the Epic Club has a thanksgiving dinner?

Edited by SissasMomE

We were on the Gem this past Thanksgiving too. The buffet was the way to go! It was actually one of our best meals on the cruise ship. The buffet was also not as busy because more people wanted the true sit down experience. We ate under the stars outside, it was awesome!

Speaking of the buffet, someone on the facebook page actually suggested dining there because the thanksgiving dinner was much better there than in the MDR. Speaking of which - what time does the buffet usually close? I love late night leftovers on T-day!!

Does anyone know if the Epic Club has a thanksgiving dinner?

I'll be on the Sun this Thanksgiving. All this early turkey talk has me thinking I'll have dinner in the main dining room, and then go back to the buffet for seconds!:rolleyes:

We were on the Dawn for Thanksgiving 2012 and we had an awesome time. We were in the MDR and had a wonderful sit down dinner. Now I did reserve this ahead of time (45 days out online) because it was Thanksgiving. I wanted a certain time and did not want to eat very late. The only thing I was disappointed in was there wasn't Pumpkin Pie! I couldn't believe it! I can't recall the dessert and unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the meal. I just remember it was great not having to cook, eat dry turkey from my MIL, and no dishes to wash! :D

(at least I think I reserved before boarding, if not, I definitely did it as soon as I got on board. They may have had it available due to the holiday)

Edited by orangegrove

We were on the Dawn for Thanksgiving 2012 and we had an awesome time. We were in the MDR and had a wonderful sit down dinner. Now I did reserve this ahead of time (45 days out online) because it was Thanksgiving. I wanted a certain time and did not want to eat very late. The only thing I was disappointed in was there wasn't Pumpkin Pie! I couldn't believe it! I can't recall the dessert and unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the meal. I just remember it was great not having to cook, eat dry turkey from my MIL, and no dishes to wash! :D

(at least I think I reserved before boarding, if not, I definitely did it as soon as I got on board. They may have had it available due to the holiday)

No pumpkin pie??? :eek:

We were on the Jade last Thanksgiving and will be again this year with you. The buffet was the way to go rather than the MDR. Everything we had was very good.

Frank

Sent from my HTC One X using Forums mobile app

Getting so excited Frank. Although it seems like it will never get here.

I'll be on the Sun this Thanksgiving. All this early turkey talk has me thinking I'll have dinner in the main dining room, and then go back to the buffet for seconds!:rolleyes:

HAHAHA.. I was thinking the SAME thing.

We were on the GEM last Thanksgiving - and we dined in the buffet. It was awesome - and totally unexpected! They were hand carving turkey, there was stuffing, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce and various other traditional dishes. We were not disappointed!

turkeydinner3_zps7a8789ed.jpg

turkeydinner2_zps62cba6ca.jpg

Oh my GOSH it looks very delicious.