Tony awards

vkirkley

If it is airing on one of the four major networks, you should be fine. I would be surprised if you found a TV showing it anywhere on the ship, but you should be able to view it in your cabin. Also, since you will just be leaving port that day, you should be fine, but sometimes, depending on location and the local affiliates the ship satellite picks up, it could be in Spanish or even from another time zone (Denver affiliates, most likely). We had nearly a week full of news and programming in Spanish on our last cruise as the ship picked up all the local USVI affiliates for the networks.

Edited by Aftastic

We leave the day the Tony's are on. Does anyone know if it will be televised on the Magic? I love the Tony's!

1) Best wishes for a great June cruise. Bon Voyage!! :)

2) If Carnival Magic carries a CBS affiliate, then you'd have the opportunity to watch the telecast in your cabin . . . but depending on the location of the feed for the satellite, it may be from a different time zone, and perhaps not 'live'.

3) The chances of it being shown on one of the larger screens throughout the ship (pool, theatre, sports bar) will be VERY minimal . . . or at least it should be very minimal if the onboard entertainment team has good sense. One of the primary corporate partners of The Tony Awards (and The American Theatre Wing) is Royal Caribbean International. Add to that the fact numerous Broadway producers pretty much despise the soul of Carnival, and you have a telecast that would probably be quickly discontinued if it were to accidentally be begun in a public area.

Again, have a great cruise.

I feel your pain! 11 we were in NYC for the Tonys went to the Red Carpet. Then watched on the SUPER JUMBOTRON in Time's Square. We saw Catch Me If You Can on Sat night. Got Norbert Leo Butts' autograph and watched him win on Sunday night. Too cool! Then last year we were at Walt Disney World and missed the whole thing! Good Luck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If it is airing on one of the four major networks, you should be fine. I would be surprised if you found a TV showing it anywhere on the ship, but you should be able to view it in your cabin. Also, since you will just be leaving port that day, you should be fine, but sometimes, depending on location and the local affiliates the ship satellite picks up, it could be in Spanish or even from another time zone (Denver affiliates, most likely). We had nearly a week full of news and programming in Spanish on our last cruise as the ship picked up all the local USVI affiliates for the networks.

I t wasn't USVI networks you were getting.......perhaps Puerto Rico networks.