Have you ever changed rooms after sail away?

dalbinson412

Hi!, so I have a spa balcony( for me and my DH) and an interior spa balcony(for the kids 17,15,&11) right across from our room, booked on the Breeze in May. I used my free room I received for the interior for the kids. The balcony room that I will be in has an adjoining balcony room that has not been booked yet. I called Carnival to see what the price would be if I upgraded the interior to balcony, but it was a $2000 difference because the promotion was over and they couldn’t give me the promotion price. So, the customer service rep told me that when the ship starts sail away, go to guest services and ask if its possible to upgrade the room(at cheaper price) because at that point they will not turn around to pick anyone up…so my question is have you ever done this, switched rooms after sail away? Or can I just ask when I check in, because if the room is still available the day of embarkation, can someone book it that same day….what would be the point in waiting for sail away? It's not a big deal if we leave things they way they are, but just wondering if anyone has ever done this! Thanks

I was given a clients cabin ( jr suite ) after the doors closed on the ship because I knew as group leader they we NOT able to make The cruise due to a deRh in their immediate family

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi!, so I have a spa balcony( for me and my DH) and an interior spa balcony(for the kids 17,15,&11) right across from our room, booked on the Breeze in May. I used my free room I received for the interior for the kids. The balcony room that I will be in has an adjoining balcony room that has not been booked yet. I called Carnival to see what the price would be if I upgraded the interior to balcony, but it was a $2000 difference because the promotion was over and they couldn’t give me the promotion price. So, the customer service rep told me that when the ship starts sail away, go to guest services and ask if its possible to upgrade the room(at cheaper price) because at that point they will not turn around to pick anyone up…so my question is have you ever done this, switched rooms after sail away? Or can I just ask when I check in, because if the room is still available the day of embarkation, can someone book it that same day….what would be the point in waiting for sail away? It's not a big deal if we leave things they way they are, but just wondering if anyone has ever done this! Thanks

I don't think it happens very often because Carnival ships usually sail full.

I too, was given an upgrade after the ship had sailed recently. I had already unpacked, so was given the option to decline if I wished. Not a big deal for me to pack back up, and move, so I took the upgrade. Nice surprise Carnival! THANKS!

"SKY"

I too, was given an upgrade after the ship had sailed recently. I had already unpacked, so was given the option to decline if I wished. Not a big deal for me to pack back up, and move, so I took the upgrade. Nice surprise Carnival! THANKS!

"SKY"

I too got a free upgrade on my last cruise to the next category up, however Carnival called me the day before my cruise. That's the first time Carnival's ever given me a free unexpected upgrade in 23 cruises with them.

"SKY"

Did you ask for the upgrade at guest services or did they just come to your room and tell you?

I just got off a cruise where the ship sailed with over a hundred cabins unsold.

At check in I asked for the possibilities for an upgrade, but was informed to check with Guest Services.

Guest Services told me to come back after 7 pm, since they will have the definite availability of cabins by then.

But we unpacked, liked our room and location and didn't bother to go back. So yes, it CAN be done.

And about "Carnival always sails full"? That's a myth.

It does seem a little unlikely to me than in 2+ months they will not fill that room.

I can tell you that we were once given a two person room when we specifically booked at three person room. We went to guest services, they said there was nothing they could do, all the rooms were full. They brought us a cot for the floor.