QM2: Oct.8, 2005 NYC to Southampton

gracecarmo

Hello Elaine,

I have just booked the parking at Southampton.No problems.We will be leaving the car on the 20th Sept and the Queen Mary will be in port.It will be nice to have a look at her before we board in New York.This must be the day that you embark.

Life is still a bit hectic,maybe things will improve when my daughter and the baby return home on Wednesday.I am sure I will never catch up on all the washing,a good job I have someone to do the ironing for me.

I took my daughter to two local events and guess what I won a raffle at both of them,only small items but a least lady luck is smiling on me.

Grace.

Hi Grace

Glad you've managed to get your parking sorted!! This is the day that we leave. At the moment I cannot decide whether to go down with two cars and pay £175 to park each car or use a local company that can take us!! He is quoting £120 each way, maybe a little extra if he has to use a trailer for all of our luggage!! He has a people carrier. I'm sure that we should be able to get all of our luggage and us in the people carrier.

Well I am just off to the gym. Trying to catch up on here as I have been without the PC for a couple of days!! I want to clean the kitchen floor too before I leave the house. So I'd better get on with it. Wish I could get someone to do my ironing. It's always the shirts and the bed linen I put off and then they begin to stack up!!!!!

Elaine

Hi Elaine: am I correct?....you are leaving already? I guess time flies.

You will have one crossing (6 days), then the Fall Splendors trip (14 days), then our crossing. Are you spending time in NYC? I must have missed something!

GraceC

Hi Elaine: am I correct?....you are leaving already? I guess time flies.

You will have one crossing (6 days), then the Fall Splendors trip (14 days), then our crossing. Are you spending time in NYC? I must have missed something!

GraceC

Hi GraceC

Sorry for any confusion. The 20th Sept is the date that Grace W is leaving her car at Southampton before flying over to the US. This is also the date that we are leaving Southampton!! I wish it were actually today!!!!!

Elaine

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Elaine and Grace,

Thought I would bring this to the top of the board.Are you both ready for your cruises?Elaine have you given any more thought to where and when we will all meet up,I realise Grace will only be on the 8th October crossing but maybe we could meet up on the 27th Sept as this will be a day at sea,where and what time do you suggest?We can also arrange to meet up with Grace.

My shopping trip to New York has been cut short due to my hubbies 2 sisters visiting a 3rd sister who lives in the States and they all thought it would be a great idea to spend a couple of days together in New York.I am sure the other 2 days we have in the city will be taken up sight seeing.I now have to make sure my luggage does not exceed 32kg.

Grace W.

Hi all: GraceW and Elaine...

we should exchange cabin #'s...we will be in 8089. Just let me know what has been decided upon for a gathering spot, place and time.

I weighed my suitcase and it weighs 15 lb. (don't know what that would be in kilos).

I keep subrtracting and adding, so who knows what I will end up with.

GraceC

Hi all: GraceW and Elaine...

we should exchange cabin #'s...we will be in 8089. Just let me know what has been decided upon for a gathering spot, place and time.

I weighed my suitcase and it weighs 15 lb. (don't know what that would be in kilos).

I keep subrtracting and adding, so who knows what I will end up with.

GraceC

Hi Grace C

There's 2.2lb to a kilo!! I don't understand all this metric stuff and much prefer lbs and ozs!!!! I would say that that's about your limit!!!

Elaine

Hi Ladies

I shall check out various venues on my westbound crossing and leave you both messages. I was thinking of mid morning coffee or a lunchtime apertif!!!! I have to bear in mind though that the hubby and kids may well want to drag me off to do something else and I would hate to organise something and then not appear. I'll check out suitable places on the first crossing and then arrange something with you both.

Elaine

Don't know about you ladies but I have been having on/off access problems and sometimes I type a really long reply and my screen just freezes, so I just give up!!!!! Been told to not come on the PC so often. It's not good for my eyes!!!!

Elaine

Sounds good to me Elaine. Check it out. But, as you say, there may be something we all want to do. You will have all the daily schedules and can pretty much see what is going on.

Do you think you would have a chance to post to us here on the bb? (as you sail?)

GraceC

Elaine: good idea re the email, of each of us re places/times to have a gathering of us CC'ers.....all 3 of us! ha. I think you have my email address?

On our other cruises on Celebrity, we are in a group of 80-100! Gets pretty hectic at those gatherings, but we do meet up with a lot of interesting people that way. (you and GraceW are interesting, don't get me wrong!)

GraceC

Hi Grace C & Grace W

Can you both just send me an e mail so I can have your e mail addresses in my address book for when I am on the QM2. I emptied all my folders as I was nearly up to my limit and have just realised that your e mails were in there!! E mail me again please at elaine61@fsmail.net

Many thanks

Archived