Mercury Cabin 8009

fire marshal

With a guarantee, I don't think there is much chance of a cabin change. I have not been in 8009, but I was in 8007 (next door) for my Alaska sailing a few weeks ago. The view was great! The cabin was very quiet and I noticed no noise from the theatre. You could hear the toilet flush in 8009, but that should not be a problem in your cabin since the bath in 8007 backs up to 8005. I did not hear any other noise from 8009, so you don't have to worry that others will hear your conversations. There is little hallway traffic, which can be a plus. The cabin steward and assistant, Ciatano and Nazareth were wonderful. I wouldn't swear by it because I did not actually get a look inside, but you may have slightly more room in 8009 than you would have in other outside cabins. I am basing this assumption on the fact that the cabin I had was much larger than other outsides and the doorway to 8009 did extend out more than other cabins coming down the hallway. Some people find the bow and aft cabins have more noticeable movement, but even on our rockier days the movement did not bother me too much. The foot of the bed in 8007 faced the bow so I had the attendant swing the bed around to make it easier to sleep when we did have a little movement. Hope this helps some.

Archived