Carnival sales?

rmyersiii

I have been a loyal carnival cruiser since my first cruise, but the past month NCL and Royal Caribbean deals have been much more advantageous for my family of 5.

I have looked into getting two rooms. One with a single supplement and put four in the other room, but the dates we can sail don't line up. We are looking to sail May 31st to the end of June for 5-7 days from any port west of the Mississippi. Even the early saver rates couldn't beat what the other two lines were offering.

Does anyone know of any sale currently or coming up that may help carnival compete with what the other two lines are currently offering?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Firemanbobswife - I attempted three and two for carnival. If booked that way, I only receive the more the merrier sale for one person. If I was able to book one and four, I would receive the more the merrier sale for two people.

Fireeater - I have looked at both RCC and NCL Kids Sail Free and those give me the best price for the space. I have found that for 5 or 6 people RCC seems to have the best deals on Kids Sail Free.

It may have to do with the itineraries we are looking at as well. The family has been to Nassau, Freeport, and the private island, so we are trying to book a cruise different ports.

Firemanbobswife - I attempted three and two for carnival. If booked that way, I only receive the more the merrier sale for one person. If I was able to book one and four, I would receive the more the merrier sale for two people.

Fireeater - I have looked at both RCC and NCL Kids Sail Free and those give me the best price for the space. I have found that for 5 or 6 people RCC seems to have the best deals on Kids Sail Free.

It may have to do with the itineraries we are looking at as well. The family has been to Nassau, Freeport, and the private island, so we are trying to book a cruise different ports.

Oh, OK. A lot of times the single supplement is more than what you would save using the More the Merrier Sale because basically you are paying for 6 people. But if you happened to get one of the sailings that are waving the solo supplement, then I don't blame you.

Edited by firemanbobswife

:) What ever works for ya.....I too am looking for a quick little get away with new locations I have not been to for April or May. It is hard, but not impossible. I just have to reach deep enough in my pocket using my short arms....:) and drive the distance I do not want to drive to get to another port...

Edited by FireEater

If I didn't stand to lose money and time spent researching ports, etc., I most certainly would have booked either Royal or Norwegian with their current specials. I know the kids free thing doesn't always work out to be much of a savings, but for us it would have worked out. We just would have had to pick a cheaper type of stateroom. But oh well. There's always another time. More sales will come.