Riviera Deck on CB - noise?

Roboat

We have a balcony cabin on deck 14, Riviera Deck, just below the Lido deck. We are toward the aft section, in R622. Looks like we are beneath the area behind the Horizon Court.

Has anyone stayed on this level before?

Any comments on the sounds from the Lido deck? (MUTS, music, chairs, etc.) - I can deal with it, but would just like to know what to expect, on the balcony, and in the room.

Roboat,

We were in R405 midships back in June of 2004. We were under one of the pool areas. When we were in our cabin with the sliding door closed (which is most of the time since it is hot out there!) we didn't here much noise, if any. When we were outside on our balcony, we could hear a bit of music if the band was playing. Also, we could hear people moving around the tables and chairs, mostly early in the morning when they hose off the deck. During the day, you would hear the occasional person running up there. No big deal. Nothing to worry about at all. We loved the convenience of the Riviera Deck. So close to everything. Where you are, all you have to do is walk a few steps toward the stern and there is a door leading out to the Terrace Pool. Also, you've got Outriggers Bar out there and the Cafe Caribe. So convenient!!!!

We stayed in cabin R505 for our March cruise. I would echo what Monk said, there were times you could hear some noise from above but nothing that affected us at all.

I equated it to distant thunder. It never woke us or kept us from sleeping.

Thought this deck was very convenient. Right out the back to the Adults only pool and one deck down from eating.

Have a great cruise

We love the Rivera deck... had a room mid-ship last September. I totally agree with everyone else. On occasion we would hear what sounded like tables or chairs dragging across the floor. It was no big deal, never kept us awake or bothered us in any way. We have a room booked, R504 I think for this October.

We were in R 301 last week, and had no problems. There are only a few rooms on the floor above, but I think we were under one of them. We loved the convenience of being so close to the Lido deck.

Archived