Fun Factory on Celebrity Century: Structured activities vs free play?

ProfTW

We posted the following on the Celebrity forum but did not get any responses (had a lot of views though). Thought maybe the family forum will generate a few more responses.

We are looking at taking our son on the Century to Alaska this summer. We searched CC as well as the web to find the Fun Factory dailies and it appears that in his age group (10 yrs old) many of the activities listed are sport oriented and outside of the Fun Factory. As a special needs child, these types of activities do not work for him. Also leaving the Fun Factory would not work very well for him either.

We are wondering: are there are things for children to do the in the Century's Fun Factory other than the listed activities? Are there items for free play (video games, art activities)?

Also, if anyone has a Fun Factory daily activity list for the Century, we would greatly appreciate seeing a copy.

Thank you in advance for your comments, insights or suggestions.

Go to the orientation and they will help to get your child involved and answer your questions.

The Fun Factory has a variety of activities. Usually there is downtime for free play- usually from 9-10 AM and 12-2PM on sea days (group lunch is 12-2 on port days and there is a $ 12 fee).

If your child is in school, I'm sure he will be fine with the program. If he doesn't want to do a specific activity, then I would go and retrieve him prior to that activity. For instance, if you don't think he enjoys sports, then pick him up prior to that.

Some of the activities include parents- like the Scavenger hunts and you are encouraged to participate in the disco parties too. So just see how he does.

After 10 PM the kids are usually in the Fun Factory for the duration of the evening. It's mostly free play.

My son does enjoy video games and there are ample opportunities for that.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Thanks rebeccalouiseagain,

I have have come across many of your posts while searching CC. You have also answered one of my questions on a different forum. You are always so helpful to everyone on CC!:D