Itinerary Change Question

barrbr

Got notified by Carnival about a month ago that the itinerary for your upcoming April 20th sailing had changed. Just about a week before this I had booked an excursion through Carnival in Grand Cayman. In the email I received from Carnival they said that if we had excursions booked they would change them for us. It has now been almost a month and my excursion still shows on the old date in Grand Cayman. Does anyone have any experience with this and how long it normally takes Carnival to make the change? The reason I ask is that this excursion still shows as booked on April 24th which we will now be in Montego Bay not Grand Cayman. Because of this I am not able to book the excursion we want in Montego Bay!

TIA for you help!

Got notified by Carnival about a month ago that the itinerary for your upcoming April 20th sailing had changed. Just about a week before this I had booked an excursion through Carnival in Grand Cayman. In the email I received from Carnival they said that if we had excursions booked they would change them for us. It has now been almost a month and my excursion still shows on the old date in Grand Cayman. Does anyone have any experience with this and how long it normally takes Carnival to make the change? The reason I ask is that this excursion still shows as booked on April 24th which we will now be in Montego Bay not Grand Cayman. Because of this I am not able to book the excursion we want in Montego Bay!

TIA for you help!

Have you tried calling Carnival to discuss this situation? If not, I would do so immediately. Why can't you book the excursion you want in Montego Bay? I'm a little confused. Hope this all works out for you and that you have a great cruise.:D

Have you tried calling Carnival to discuss this situation? If not, I would do so immediately. Why can't you book the excursion you want in Montego Bay? I'm a little confused. Hope this all works out for you and that you have a great cruise.:D

I have emailed them a few days ago. They replied saying they were working through the changes. I can't book in Montego Bay because it show that I already have an excursion on that day (this is the one for Grand Cayman which was booked on the old day for Grand Cayman but is now the new day for Montego Bay).

For Carnival excursions, you should be able to book the Montego Bay excursion for the day you were supposed to have been there before they changed the itinerary - in other words book the excursion by Port and not by Date. Your excursion should follow you. Carnival makes changes in the itinerary frequenly in hurricane season and days are often flipped around - that is the benefit of booking with Carnival. The ship knows what schedule it is on and they will make the appropriate arrangements with the excursion partners. Its actually those of us who book independently that have to worry, we have to make our own arrangements when the ship makes changes to the itinerary or has weather delays.