Carnival dream vacation

wbp1968

Something not mentioned a lot is the salad bar near the Ocean Plaza. Their fresh salsa and homemade tortilla chips are the bomb!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Something not mentioned a lot is the salad bar near the Ocean Plaza. Their fresh salsa and homemade tortilla chips are the bomb!!!!

LOVED the fresh salsa/chips. that was my lunch many days! have a blast! I just packed for my cruise on the Glory this Sunday!

If they're back from vacation, don't miss "The Blackjack Band" at the Ocean Plaza. Say HELLO to Jimmy and Mel, and the rest of the band, and enjoy some of the best entertainment on the high seas. GREAT BAND, and wonderful people!

"SKY"

Ken

Just returned from our 2nd cruise on Dream!

We love the Mongolian Wok, and the Brunch in one of the dining rooms on sea days. To us, the Wok is worth waiting in line.

Hope the Black Jack band (Deck 5, Ocean Plaza Bar area) is back for your cruise. They were on a break last week.

We also enjoyed the 'break dancers'.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Pam in KY

Heading home from work soon to start packing for this trip too!! :)

Super excited to be leaving the Canadian cold for the Caribbean heat! :D

LOVED the fresh salsa/chips. that was my lunch many days! have a blast! I just packed for my cruise on the Glory this Sunday!

That sounds wonderful, I love fresh made salsa. Is there just certain times you can find it there?

Pasta Bar deck 11 aft ... It's really good and I advise you to try to eat there while at port . It's not very crowded at all then . Also the Steakhouse was amazing !

"someone told me I will one day get sick of cruising ... I just smiled and said only when I'm dead "

Burrito bar was fantastic. It's small and hidden between two buffet lines so you have to look for it. Chef's Table is a must do. Get up early and grab a chair at the Serenity deck. Steak House was great. Try the Miami Vice. Couples bamboo massage.

I agree with the others about the pasta bar. That's a great lunch spot for when you get on board the first day. I've always done that. The lanai BBQ on deck 5 on sea days has a few good options, worth giving a shot to. No free drinks down there though, so take the food upstairs to lido deck for the free drinks. I agree with the other poster about the burrito bar for lunch as well. Dream doesn't have the Blue Iguana cantina, but she does have the burrito bar, which is actually the exact same thing (just no breakfast burritos). Not having the cantina means that they are allowed to serve the Mexican buffet during the 2nd deck party, and those parties are always a lot of fun. And please don't be scared of the big waterslides. They are a lot of fun, and they are not only for kids. Adults can ride them as well. But a fair warning, they are a bit bumpy, but you become numb to it after several rides. I have marks on my back by the end of the cruise, but they go away.

Dancing in the Streets is a great production show on Night 4. Get there very early to get good seats. Most people who cruise the Dream know that this is the best Carnival ship for entertainment, so they are prepared to try and get good seats. It's worth getting there early & waiting. I think Black Jack Band will unfortunately still be on vacation for another couple weeks, but you can see one of the members of the band (Jimmy Hodge) playing fiddle in the country show on the big stage. He's been flying onto the ship during their vacation just to do that show. He & his wife have been fronting Black Jack Band on Carnival ships for about 15 years. I met them over 10 years ago on my first cruise, and they've become friends of mine, having sailed with them 6 times now. The production shows and Black Jack Band (and the great waterslides) are the big reasons why my 3 Dream cruises have been my best 3 cruises.

Enjoy your cruise. I'm jealous!:)

Edited by k2excursion

So looking forward to this cruise as well and the first one with our kids. Let the adventure begin! I am jealous you are already packing I am such a last miute packer.....

So looking forward to this cruise as well and the first one with our kids. Let the adventure begin! I am jealous you are already packing I am such a last minute packer.....