Celebrity Summit Inside Cabin with 10 year old

mikawalton

Hello All. We are new to Celebrity. This will be our first time cruising other than Disney with our 10 year old. Last year we had a huge vacation in Maui and want to do a small cost effective vacation. Are the inside cabins roomy enough for three? Do they have a sofa bed or sofa twin bed for my 10 year. She is thin from being a competitive swimmer. I originally booked on RCCL but even the oceanview with balcony didn't have a sofa only a berth. Also, are there really any activities on this cruise for her? Thanks in advance for your replies!

Look at the Deck plan for the Summit and be sure that the cabin notes that there it is available for a 3rd or 4th passenger. It might be a pull down bunk. Last Oct when we were on the Century for 15 nights, there was a woman crying in the customer service line in front of me. Her TA told them that her cabin could accommodate her elderly mother on a pull out....it was a bunk bed and no one was able to use it. There was no couch just 2 arm chairs! I think that eventually the situation was remedied but not with out much stress and possibly more cost for an additional cabin. DO your homework and enjoy your cruise!

Inside cabins on the Summit will either have a chair that converts to a pull-out bed or a pullman type bed that drops from the ceiling. The deck plans will tell you which type is available. Some cabins have both.

Note that the pull-out bed can be inconvenient if your child sleeps later than you because when pulled out, the bed blocks access to the bathroom and cabin exit door.

Can't speak of the inside cabin but Celebrity has a good kids program. My son has been on 3 Celebrity cruises (booked on his 4th), 2 NCL and one Carnival and loves the Celebrity program. The group for the 10 year olds has lots of activities both inside the kids club and out and about the ship. Feel free to ask questions and if I can't answer I will have my son answer.

We did the Summit to Bermuda but not in an inside. It was a great cruise and the kids on board had an absolute ball- including my then 11 year old son. He loves Celebrity and Bistro on Five and Qsine.

I have done an inside on other cruise lines, including Royal, Cunard and Princess and they are ok. They aren't bad. My recommendation is to bring a travel alarm clock that lights up in the dark. We didn't have to get up at a set time but if I woke up during the night- I was never quite sure if it was morning yet. So a handy clock by the bed would have helped.

I would do an inside if it meant saving a ton of money but if the price is only $200 per person for the outside- do the outside. AND make sure that you don't have a connecting cabin because you can hear the people next door.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

We did the Summit to Bermuda but not in an inside. It was a great cruise and the kids on board had an absolute ball- including my then 11 year old son. He loves Celebrity and Bistro on Five and Qsine.

I have done an inside on other cruise lines, including Royal, Cunard and Princess and they are ok. They aren't bad. My recommendation is to bring a travel alarm clock that lights up in the dark. We didn't have to get up at a set time but if I woke up during the night- I was never quite sure if it was morning yet. So a handy clock by the bed would have helped.

I would do an inside if it meant saving a ton of money but if the price is only $200 per person for the outside- do the outside. AND make sure that you don't have a connecting cabin because you can hear the people next door.

Can kids eat in Qsine? I thought they had to be 12

Sent from my iPad using Forums