mdr food question

No wings anywhere on carnival, unfortunately. They probably cost too much for them. Also, that's fine because I know good wings and it is very easy to make lousy wings. As they do with the fried chicken, I have a feeling they would not do too good a job. And I wouldn't say the chicken tenders are delicious. They are ok but often tough and very bready with not a whole lot of tender meat. Fine for a late night snack after the comedy show or between lunch and dinner though.

No wings anywhere on carnival, unfortunately. They probably cost too much for them. Also, that's fine because I know good wings and it is very easy to make lousy wings. As they do with the fried chicken, I have a feeling they would not do too good a job. And I wouldn't say the chicken tenders are delicious. They are ok but often tough and very bready with not a whole lot of tender meat. Fine for a late night snack after the comedy show or between lunch and dinner though.

Regarding the bit I highlighted in red: I agree 100%. Carnival's chicken tenders have waaay too much breading on them. Not good at all.

So I have heard and am looking forward to trying later this year when I take my first ncl cruise. Do you have to pay for them at a place like Sheehan's or are they free?

My sister and brother-in-law really enjoyed the wings on NCL back in Feb 2011. I asked her just now, and she said that the wings they had were at bar type place called Longboards and they were free. But this was 3 years ago. Hopefully they are still free.

My sister and brother-in-law really enjoyed the wings on NCL back in Feb 2011. I asked her just now, and she said that the wings they had were at bar type place called Longboards and they were free. But this was 3 years ago. Hopefully they are still free.

Thanks for the heads up. My entire family has cruised ncl multiple times and they rave about the upsell restaurants. I will definitely do more research on the wing availability closer to sail date as I haven't picked exactly which ship I will be sailing on or when. I did have someone put down a deposit for me last time they sailed though. Included in that was a free cabin upgrade and onboard credit. It will be weird venturing out from under the whale tail but hopefully it is a positive thing.

On NCL Gem, Jewel and Spirit they have a dining area call Blue lagoon and the wings are free along with burgers, soups etc.:D No 1st hand knowledge on the other ships. Plus they are open 24 hours, normal breakfast food in the AM.

Edited by runner15km