Spring break 2015

me-n-kev

We are looking at cruising out of Galveston 3/29/15. Last time we were there we stayed at the Quality inn/suites on Seawall. Looking to do 1-2 nights pre-cruise, and 1 night post-cruise?

Will we be clear of the college spring breakers?

Last time we stayed there was jan 2012. Hotel still ok?

Thanks,

Kevin

Spring break should be over by then.

Galveston does not attract the hordes of college students like South Padre or some Florida beaches.

Can't answer your question about the hotel as we live here:)

Thanks much! That is a relief. Only other cruise out of Galveston we got fogged in and out, because I didn't do enough research to know January was bad for that. Trying to avoid any surprises.

We may do Schlitterban either before or after too.... thinking we fly into IAH on a late flight in Friday, enjoy the area Saturday, cruise Sun-Sun, enjoy Sunday after we get back, fly home Monday.

Kevin

We sailed on the Carnival Magic last year the last week of March. There were just over 1500 kids on board. Now, either they were the best behaved group of kids or the kids' activities are outstanding, because I never would have know there were that many.

Not sure if that's better or worse than spring breakers...but we must have hit on somebody 's vacation week!

We sailed on the Carnival Magic last year the last week of March. There were just over 1500 kids on board. Now, either they were the best behaved group of kids or the kids' activities are outstanding, because I never would have know there were that many.

Not sure if that's better or worse than spring breakers...but we must have hit on somebody 's vacation week!

I've had the same experience sailing from Galveston, but it's explainable:

The great majority of youngsters are from Texas and have had a proper upbringing.