Nassau: Ship docks at 1:30pm May 5. Excursion?

sharse

We (hubby, me, 2 boys 9 and 10) would just love to hang at the beach and veg, and have no interest in the craziness (and expense) of Atlantis. I was interested in something like Sandy Toes, but it looks like that's off the table since the ship docks in the afternoon.

Do you have any suggestions for us and where we might just hang at the beach for a few hours? I envision us having lunch on the ship, wandering for a few hours, and then being back around dinner time. Open to having dinner off the ship that night, but totally flexible on that.

Thanks for any ideas!

We (hubby, me, 2 boys 9 and 10) would just love to hang at the beach and veg, and have no interest in the craziness (and expense) of Atlantis. I was interested in something like Sandy Toes, but it looks like that's off the table since the ship docks in the afternoon.

Do you have any suggestions for us and where we might just hang at the beach for a few hours? I envision us having lunch on the ship, wandering for a few hours, and then being back around dinner time. Open to having dinner off the ship that night, but totally flexible on that.

Thanks for any ideas!

Just take cab to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. It's free, beautiful, the water is translucent and you can see Atlantis way way down the beach so you are far from the madding crowd. We had the taxi driver take us to the northwest tip of Cabbage at the Paradise Island Beach Club ( time share). There is public access near the mini mart at the club. You can buy beverages and snacks there. We just brought our ship towels but the young man serving the club guest rented us an umbrella. It is a free beach though and you are under no obligation to rent anything. I tipped him $2 to let us use the club locker room and bath room. It was a wonderful inexpensive day. We ended the day by going to the Pirate Museum back in Nassau, which is a short walk from the ship. A wonderful museum that my son loved!

Just take cab to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. It's free, beautiful, the water is translucent and you can see Atlantis way way down the beach so you are far from the madding crowd. We had the taxi driver take us to the northwest tip of Cabbage at the Paradise Island Beach Club ( time share). There is public access near the mini mart at the club. You can buy beverages and snacks there. We just brought our ship towels but the young man serving the club guest rented us an umbrella. It is a free beach though and you are under no obligation to rent anything. I tipped him $2 to let us use the club locker room and bath room. It was a wonderful inexpensive day. We ended the day by going to the Pirate Museum back in Nassau, which is a short walk from the ship. A wonderful museum that my son loved!

What ages would you say the Pirate Museum would be best for? We will have our grandsons (ages 9 and under) with us.