Carnival Fantasy Charleston to Bahamas April 2014

murph2am

My husband and I are headed on our first cruise April 4 out of Charleston to Freeport and Nassau.

What should we absolutely pack for clothing?

What should we expect to pay for alcoholic beverages? Are packages available for purchase, or is it a price per drink? Are gratuities included?

Should we have cash for beverages/excursions?

Any suggested excursions? My husband likes to see sights but we also enjoy a good beach and umbrella drink.

Are most meals free? Gratuities included?

We are driving to Charleston, what should we expect to pay for parking for a 5 day cruise?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What should we absolutely pack for clothing? One nice outfit for elegant night, jeans or khakis the other nights shorts and swimwear

What should we expect to pay for alcoholic beverages? Are packages available for purchase, or is it a price per drink? Are gratuities included? Usually $7 and up and gratuities is included but if having a waiter get it i give a cash tip.

Should we have cash for beverages/excursions? Depends. Some excursions include drinks but most don't. So a small amount of cash may be good,

Any suggested excursions? My husband likes to see sights but we also enjoy a good beach and umbrella drink. There is a free public beach with in walking distance at Nassau there is a beach bar there. I don't do excursions hardly so cant speak to which is the best.

Are most meals free? Gratuities included? All meals on the ship are free. Gratuities are either prepaid at booking or will be added to your sail and sign card.

We are driving to Charleston, what should we expect to pay for parking for a 5 day cruise?

$17 a day if you park at the port. If you are staying overnight there are some park and stay hotels with better prices then the port authority of South Carolina

You may find more answers to your questions in the thread all things fantasy

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182074

I am sure you will enjoy your first cruise! Don't stress over what to bring and don't over pack! You can also pre-order alcohol from Bon Voyage and it will be in your cabin waiting on you. If you would like to read a review on the ship and that sailing, you can check out the link below...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1605466