Spring Break on Carnival Dream: 3/15-3/22 Western Caribbean

FloridaMomma

Great review! I just looked at a cruise which stops in roatan and belize so its nice to hear your opinions of the ports.

AZmike480

I know I keep saying it, but I am so in love with Roatan! If you choose a cruise that stops there, try to book a Victor Bodden tour (or something similar) and go explore the island. It really is stunning.

LOL! That's awesome!! They loved doing the scavenger hunt! This was a really fun cruise. Makes for great memories!!

I agree with you about Roatan. We absolutely loved it! We went to Little French Key for that day and would go back there in a heartbeat if we had the chance again!

Thanks for the review. We were on her for a B2B in January -- Western, then Eastern. Our 3rd and 4th on the Dream.

One of our favorite ports is Costa Maya. Get away from the cruise port for a short cab ride to Majuhual (the little village 5 minutes from the port) and we go to el Dolphin -- a little further south than Tropicante.

Love the whole fried fish for the 2 of us.

Thanks for the GREAT review! We have never sailed on the Dream, but, as my signature lines below show, we are booked twice out of NOLA over the next two years. One of which is during Spring Break, which I was not excited about until reading your review. Now I can't wait! :)

I'm jealous! I wish I could get back on the ship! I don't know if I'll ever be able to sail on the Dream again since she's moving to New Orleans and I live right by Port Canaveral.

I opened your review because my first ever cruise was last September - same ship, same itinerary.

I've spent most days since then wishing I had done more instead of lounging. Our next cruise is 27 days away on the Conquest and your idea of the scavenger hunt is AWESOME! I vaguely remember one on board for all ages - but regardless, I think we could have a battle of the sexes royale scavenger hunt (only because I'm uber competitive!).

Like you, I was amazed by Honduras. Before heading out I expected to like this port the least and Belize the most. COMPLETELY WRONG! I enjoyed Honduras so much - every bit of it! Belize - I was off the tender for maybe 45 minutes and right back on. A bit much for me...

Thank you so much for doing such an awesome review and allowing my to wander down memory lane. Now I must return to reality and wait 27 days to do it again!

Happy Sailing!

Enjoyed your review. I have started mine. We were on a similar - but not same - itinerary a week later (Spring Break is a week later in Orange County), and we cruised from Miami. One change was that we got Cayman Islands instead of Costa Maya. We did not venture too far in Roatan; however, we loved Belize. We went all the way across to Xunantanich. It was great!

There is a Red Frog on Dream? Is it on the Lanai? did they have the BBQ grill etc on the Lanai as well?

Yes there is a Red Frog on the Dream on the Lido Deck by the pool

I also saw they had the BBQ one day and that was on the Lanai, Deck 5, but we forgot and did not go to it. I think it was the first sea day they had the BBQ

I was on that cruise too. I was impressed with the kids aboard. None of them were running wild. We ran into a group of kids on one of the Camp Carnival Scavenger hunts and they asked my husband for directions. They were the Nicest kids. Lots of thank you before they rushed off to find the next thing.

Ditto on seeing no college kids drunk or rowdy. I did have to stand in line behind one young woman in a butt revealing ( and I mean revealing. It was hanging out everywhere. Like two big old mushrooms with a case of acne. ugh. bad taste. Not enough gym time. Ugh. before lunch) bikini bottom but that always happen. And it is always the ones who should not be in one, who seem to like to flaunt it. But that is minor.

It was a good cruise. We sailed the Dream four times. I think she is the Class of Carnival, and I will miss her very much. New Orleans is lucky indeed to be getting that fine ship.

And ditto for meeting only passengers who were friendly and nice. Even Miss Big Behind in front of me was not rude. She was just exposed. And the staff...very nice. And we had ATD and the Dream has finally got that right. Food was fast, and hot, or at least worm when we got it. Their cold fruit soups.............totally delicious.

Edited by AmberTeka