2 bedroom suites - always fit 5+?

KalamityJane

I'm checking ships/itineraries and have narrowed it down to a 2 bedroom suite for our 10th anniversary cruise. Do they all fit 5+ people or is it only 4 on some of the ships?

Also, it will be 2 adults, 3 kids (7,4 and 2/3 depending on what week we go). Does NCL ever book 5 into a 4 person suite with a crib/rollaway?

I'm trying to figure out which ships are going to work for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a real 2 bedroom, 2 bedrooms with their own bathroom and closets. The master bedroom is large and luxurious and has an unbelievable bathroom. The second bedroom is like an inside cabin. The couch in the second bedroom opens up each night for 2 to sleep there. There is a pull down bed in that 2nd bedroom as well for your 3rd child.

The couch in the living room is used as a bed for the 6th sleeper. Its an amazing suite with terrific amenities.

Ok, that's what I thought, but then I was on cruisestateroom and it was showing that the 2 bedroom sleeps 4 (the Epic offhand was one of them, I think).

My second question was referring somewhat to the OS and aft penthouse suites, they sleep 4, but does NCL ever book 5 in one?

Ok, that's what I thought, but then I was on cruisestateroom and it was showing that the 2 bedroom sleeps 4 (the Epic offhand was one of them, I think).

My second question was referring somewhat to the OS and aft penthouse suites, they sleep 4, but does NCL ever book 5 in one?

No. They will not book over the capacity limit stated.

I was in a 2 bedroom suite on the Epic and on the Dawn. Both 2 bedrooms had the exact set up. The 2nd bedroom was only for 3 passengers. Since you have little ones, they can definitely fit and sleep in the 2nd bedroom, no question!! I don't know about the OS and penthouse, but I can tell you the 2 bedroom is huge!! Aside from the 2 bedrooms, you also have a kitchen area, table, living room, balcony too!! it is a fabulous layout for a family. Good luck with your decision.

You can fit 5 but its a tight fit

2 in the 2nd bedroom

2 in the master bedroom or maybe 3

1 on the couch in the living room

We had 5 large adults with no problem. 2 in the Master & 3 in the 2nd bedroom - 2 on the pullout and 1 in the drop down. For some it wouldn't work but with no one sleeping on the living room sofa it worked out very well for us. The butler could set up breakfast without disturbing anyone. And no one had to worry about wandering around the cabin while others were sleeping.

With the OP's kids it will be fine - way better than all sharing an inside with a crib set up.

We had 5 large adults with no problem. 2 in the Master & 3 in the 2nd bedroom - 2 on the pullout and 1 in the drop down. For some it wouldn't work but with no one sleeping on the living room sofa it worked out very well for us. The butler could set up breakfast without disturbing anyone. And no one had to worry about wandering around the cabin while others were sleeping.

With the OP's kids it will be fine - way better than all sharing an inside with a crib set up.

Does the butler just let himself in to set up breakfast??

Yeah, I was just planning on putting the 2 younger kids on the bottom and the oldest on the top in the 2nd bedroom. I figured that would leave the living room open for us at night after the kids are asleep and we still want to hang out.

I'm seriously so stinking excited about this, you guys have no idea. We don't get any time without kids right now, so having the option for the kid's clubs and dinner by ourselves is thrilling :D I'm almost wanting to do 2 weeks instead of 7-10 days... not sure if that would be too long or not.

Just had 5 adult women in one on the Pearl. Plenty of room. I slept on the couch in the living room and it was quite comfortable. The only issue we had was the glass doors in the master bath, but never felt crowded.

Will a pack and play fit in the small bedroom when the bed is opened up?

I don't think it will. The bed opens up to almost a queen size so there isn't much room for more furniture. They might be able to make the pullout into just a single depending on your purposes - 1 child versus a couple sharing.

Does the butler just let himself in to set up breakfast??

If you want. If you don't want, then no.

Yeah, I was just planning on putting the 2 younger kids on the bottom and the oldest on the top in the 2nd bedroom. I figured that would leave the living room open for us at night after the kids are asleep and we still want to hang out.

I'm seriously so stinking excited about this, you guys have no idea. We don't get any time without kids right now, so having the option for the kid's clubs and dinner by ourselves is thrilling :D I'm almost wanting to do 2 weeks instead of 7-10 days... not sure if that would be too long or not.

You are going to love it! :D

Make sure the youngest is 3 yrs. at time of sailing or else you won't get all that alone time you are anticipating! They don't take kids under 3 in the kids club and they are strict about it.

Yep, we are planning on just after his 3y birthday :) depending on the cruise he may turn 3 on the cruise, after he is 3, he's ok to go in the kids clubs right? Just not before. Or do they count as the age they are at embarkation for the whole cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
It is a real 2 bedroom, 2 bedrooms with their own bathroom and closets. The master bedroom is large and luxurious and has an unbelievable bathroom. The second bedroom is like an inside cabin. The couch in the second bedroom opens up each night for 2 to sleep there. There is a pull down bed in that 2nd bedroom as well for your 3rd child.

The couch in the living room is used as a bed for the 6th sleeper. Its an amazing suite with terrific amenities.

Is it the same for the Getaway? I didn't know there was a pull down bed for a 3rd person in the small bedroom. I was thinking it was 2 in the Master, 2 in the 2nd bedroom and then 1 (or maybe 2) on the sofa in the living room area.

Either way works for us - but I was just wondering...and had no clue.

I see some posts about 5 adults in the 2-bedroom with no problem (I think they were talking about the Epic and Dawn) -

Has anyone stayed in the 2-bedroom on the Breakaway or Getaway with 4 adults in a 2 bedroom? I hear mixed information...some say no problem, and some say there is no way 2 adults could share the small bedroom.

My Dad and Step-Mom are sharing our two-bedroom. They were originally going to book a non-suite of there own, but we wanted them to be able to share in the amenities, so we told them they could share our room, and they paid us a small amount towards our room.

They will be in the 2nd smaller room. I already warned them that the bed may be too small for them - and they said they didn't mind if one had to sleep on the couch in the living room...

FYI - they fit on a full size bed at my house with no problem...is the bed smaller than that in the 2nd bedroom?

It also looks like the bed is really low to the floor - any info you can give on the 2-bedroom on the Getaway or Breakaway would be great.

Edited by Cruisegirl2004

I see some posts about 5 adults in the 2-bedroom with no problem (I think they were talking about the Epic and Dawn) -

Has anyone stayed in the 2-bedroom on the Breakaway or Getaway with 4 adults in a 2 bedroom? I hear mixed information...some say no problem, and some say there is no way 2 adults could share the small bedroom.

My Dad and Step-Mom are sharing our two-bedroom. They were originally going to book a non-suite of there own, but we wanted them to be able to share in the amenities, so we told them they could share our room, and they paid us a small amount towards our room.

They will be in the 2nd smaller room. I already warned them that the bed may be too small for them - and they said they didn't mind if one had to sleep on the couch in the living room...

FYI - they fit on a full size bed at my house with no problem...is the bed smaller than that in the 2nd bedroom?

It also looks like the bed is really low to the floor - any info you can give on the 2-bedroom on the Getaway or Breakaway would be great.

Then your parents should be fine in the 2nd bedroom. The bed is at least regular sized - there's just not any room in there except right around the bed when it's open. it's tight but doable. This is for all ships below Breakaway & Getaway. I've not been on the 2 newer ships. I wonder if anyone has any photos (hint, hint, hint)????

Edited by GORDONCHICK

Yep, we are planning on just after his 3y birthday :) depending on the cruise he may turn 3 on the cruise, after he is 3, he's ok to go in the kids clubs right? Just not before. Or do they count as the age they are at embarkation for the whole cruise?

I'm not sure, but I think it's the embarkation age. And I think they have to be potty-trained as well. Not usually an issue with girls, but boys are another story sometimes, speaking from experience.

Thank you Gordonchick.

This is a link to a picture from room 16122 on the Getaway. ..That is the 2 Bedroom we are going to be in....anyway, I'm hoping the bed can be opened wider...If not, they will have to sleep apart... https://m.flickr.com/photos/21740531@N07/13546370623/lightbox/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Your child must be 3 before setting foot on the ship. Don't think if he turns 3 while on the ship that they will then take him in kids club. They won't. It's critical that you go after he turns 3.

Not according to Norwegian's own website...

"CAN MY CHILD MOVE UP AN AGE GROUP IF CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY DURING THE CRUISE?

Children turning three during the cruise are welcome to participate in Turtles on their birthday. No exceptions can be made."

This, and so much more can be found here: http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-family-fun/youth-programs/faq

:)