NCL Pearl Soft Serve Ice Cream Question

justcruisin87

I have researched this topic on CC and have seen several different responses, most of which are from several years ago. Soft serve ice cream may seem trivial to some, but it is very important to others. Has anyone sailed on the NCL PEARL recently that can tell me if there is a self-serve soft serve ice cream machine? I've read in some reviews that there is one in the Garden Buffet and also the Great Outdoors; however, some reviews (including the main CC review) say there is none at all, so I wanted to confirm. We sailed on the NCL Sun last year and the self-serve machine in the Great Outdoors was running from 11am until at least 11pm and was a popular place! Thanks in advance for your help.

I just came off the Pearl three days ago. There is a self serve soft serve machine that dispenses vanilla, chocolate and v/c swirl in the Great Outdoors. There is a freezer case in the Garden Cafe (aft end) where a staff member scoops regular ice cream for you.

I just came off the Pearl three days ago. There is a self serve soft serve machine that dispenses vanilla, chocolate and v/c swirl in the Great Outdoors. There is a freezer case in the Garden Cafe (aft end) where a staff member scoops regular ice cream for you.

Lucyspoileddog another quick question, my younger daughter hates soda and lives on lemonade, I believe we can get lemonade at the buffet can you get at the sit down restaurants, fingers crossed :eek:

Lucyspoileddog another quick question, my younger daughter hates soda and lives on lemonade, I believe we can get lemonade at the buffet can you get at the sit down restaurants, fingers crossed :eek:

I'd be amazed if you wouldn't be able to get lemonade also in sit down restaurants - I haven never tried though but have a faint recollection about somebody else asking for it in the table next to us on some cruise.

I can't say for sure if lemonade is available to order in the main dining rooms, but they won't consider it a problem if she brings in her own glass from the buffet. We usually have a drink in hand when we go down for dinner, and that's never a problem.

Do you remember the flavors in the freezer case? Are there a lot to choose from?

Thanks!!

Do you remember the flavors in the freezer case? Are there a lot to choose from?

In my experience the non-vanilla flavors rotate based on what they have in stock so no way of knowing what is served on each night, usually a handful of flavors (maybe 4?) at the time.

I can't say for sure if lemonade is available to order in the main dining rooms, but they won't consider it a problem if she brings in her own glass from the buffet. We usually have a drink in hand when we go down for dinner, and that's never a problem.

Great idea we will BYOL (bring your own lemonade) into the restaurants :cool:

We were on the Pearl last week also. There is another soft serve machine in the Garden Café area next to the specialty ice cream flavor case. So when GC closed, soft serve was still available in the Great Outdoors. The case had at least 6-8 flavors. We visited this area a lot! Everything was very good, no complaints.

The only drawback that we felt was the number of spring breakers on board. My kids were rather uncomfortable with the craziness. I will definitely do week long cruises during future spring breaks.