Silhouette with kids?!

irishblondy

Hi Everyone. We are looking at a cruise in November and we would be taking our 5 and 3 year old along. I was told by a booking agent the ship had a splash pad. We haven't been able to find any information on that to see if that was accurate. Does anyone know? Also, do you think our kids would be bored? We want to make sure there is pool stuff for them to do. We usually do Royal Caribbean that has miniature golf and other things, but Celebrity is giving us the best deal. Any information on doing this ship with two young kids would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

There is no splash pool that I am aware of. There is an area by the two outdoor pools that have geysers that squirt water. So they can literally run through this area to cool off.

My son has cruised Celebrity since he was 6 months old and he is now 13 and still loves Celebrity- best. He says it is "the right mix of fun and relaxation".

The whole family will enjoy it and the kids are the perfect ages for the Fun Factory. Don't even think twice about it. They'll love it.

Hi

I do not post much on Cruise Critic but do love it! Anyway, just wanted to help here by letting you know that there is not a splash pad on the Silhouette. I believe they exist on the earlier S Class ships but it was replaced on the Silhouette with more decking to place sun beds on. However, we have sailed on her twice and are back on her this summer. She is a gorgeous ship and our son who is now 12 years old requests to return each year since the inaugural. Hope you have a lovely trip.

I just got off the silhouette. There are no geysers outside by the pool. Yes your kids will be bored. I'm not going to lie to you. There is nothing for kids that young to do on silhouette. Consider a Disney cruise. Or a ship that has things for children to do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone. We are looking at a cruise in November and we would be taking our 5 and 3 year old along. I was told by a booking agent the ship had a splash pad. We haven't been able to find any information on that to see if that was accurate. Does anyone know? Also, do you think our kids would be bored? We want to make sure there is pool stuff for them to do. We usually do Royal Caribbean that has miniature golf and other things, but Celebrity is giving us the best deal. Any information on doing this ship with two young kids would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. The Silhouette is an AWESOME ship...we loved it. That said, we didn't take our kids with us!

For a great photo review (with pictures of the kids' area AND kids' schedules) go to http://www.cruisewithgambee.com.

Then you can see what they offer and determine if it will work out with your kids...my gut says they'll love it! And no, there is no splash pad by the pool, but it's possible the kids area has something.

Best of luck!

I just got off the silhouette. There are no geysers outside by the pool. Yes your kids will be bored. I'm not going to lie to you. There is nothing for kids that young to do on silhouette. Consider a Disney cruise. Or a ship that has things for children to do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I am sorry about the geysers- I thought they would be on all the S-class ships. I was recently on Solstice and they had them there.