Brilliance of the Seas - March 20th 2014 - a review

Great review. We were onboard 2 weeks before you and again in 3 weeks. If it makes you feel better I also got stuck on the slide with my 3yo. At the time I thought it would be a bad place to spend the rest of the cruise and I swear the water was running off the sides behind me.

Do you remember the hours of the CL?

Hehe. Glad it wasn't just me.

The CL has an open bar from 5-8pm every evening. The room itself is available 24/7 to those with access.

Most importantly, the fresh squeezed orange juice. I had 2-3 glasses every morning. Being a Floridian, I don't touch the free OJ.

If there is one thing I like about Elite breakfast time on Celebrity, it is the included fresh OJ. Do multiple venues serve it on Brilliance? I hazily remember it in the WJ but also in the MDR?

If there is one thing I like about Elite breakfast time on Celebrity, it is the included fresh OJ. Do multiple venues serve it on Brilliance? I hazily remember it in the WJ but also in the MDR?

The last time I ate breakfast in an MDR was a year ago on Jewel of the Seas. I remember that they were pushing the fresh OJ. I don't know if they had a machine down there or if someone runs up to the Windjammer to fill a pitcher though.

When I ate in Chops with suite access, I always grab a glass of OJ from WJ before I head down since it's so close, so I don't know if it's offered there.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for this review! We're booked into the same TS on Jewel for next May (Panama Canal!), and I appreciate seeing the photos. The TS looks smaller and darker than the RFS we had on Indy, but still very nice for our party (me and my husband, our boys, who will be 8 and 5 by then, and my parents). Much more space than a couple of interconnecting cabins (which we just did on Celebrity), and all those lovely suite perks!

• 2 months later...

First time for my wife and I on any cruise and we are considering beverage packages. The Royal Replenish Package (RPP) sounds good, what kind of bottled water does it include? Is it available in the stateroom or must we fetch it ourselves? Also, can I get alcohol-free pina coladas with it? We don't drink any pop (sodas), but my wife does like coffee; I'm happy with hot tea (Irish Breakfast Tea preferably) with breakfast, good water all day long, and an occasional chocolate milk (2%). With that said, is the RPP right for us?

Thanks.

First time for my wife and I on any cruise and we are considering beverage packages. The Royal Replenish Package (RPP) sounds good, what kind of bottled water does it include? Is it available in the stateroom or must we fetch it ourselves? Also, can I get alcohol-free pina coladas with it? We don't drink any pop (sodas), but my wife does like coffee; I'm happy with hot tea (Irish Breakfast Tea preferably) with breakfast, good water all day long, and an occasional chocolate milk (2%). With that said, is the RPP right for us?

Thanks.

You must get the drinks yourself. The package doesn't cover room service.

The brand of bottled water depends on what they have, but it's the half liter bottles. They also have sparkling water, usually Perrier or Pellegrino.

It does include virgin cocktails.

Regular coffee, regular tea and chocolate milk are part of the cruise fare.

It's really going to depend on how much you use it as to whether it's worth it. Without knowing how many of the different beverages you plan to consume per day and per person, I can't answer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

• 3 months later...

Thanks for posting. We are boarding the Brilliance in 7 days for 5 night Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. This is our first cruise on RCI tho. Could you tell me more about the activities in the AO for the kids? My kids are ages 9 and 11 years old and are wanting to know what all there is to do in the kid's club there. I've also heard they can win medals? Thanks!

ps..we're noles fans too. live near FSU. :)

Thanks for posting. We are boarding the Brilliance in 7 days for 5 night Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. This is our first cruise on RCI tho. Could you tell me more about the activities in the AO for the kids? My kids are ages 9 and 11 years old and are wanting to know what all there is to do in the kid's club there. I've also heard they can win medals? Thanks!

ps..we're noles fans too. live near FSU. :)