Enchantment Review- Fine Cruise March 17

Combined Part 1 & 2

Review of Enchantment of the Seas Cruise March 17-21, 2014.

My sister and I, my daughter, and a friend cruised on the Enchantment of the Seas to the Bahamas from Port Canaveral from March17-21, 2014.

Pre-Cruise- My sister and I (from Maine) took Amtrak’s New England Regional from Boston to NY Penn Station and from that station to Kissimmee, FL on the “Silver Meteor.” My daughter flew to Orlando and her friend drove down from Georgia. The four of us met on the ship.

My sister and I enjoyed a short vacation before the cruise. We stayed at the Disney Coronado Springs Resort for 2 nights and spent a day at Animal Kingdom. We then took a shuttle to the Radisson Resort at the Port (Canaveral) where we stayed for a night (as we had twice before.)

On the 17th, we took the Radisson shuttle to the ship. Boarding was easy and we were at the Park Café on the Enchantment around noon. Our cabins would be ready by 1:30 we were told and they were ready a bit earlier.

Cabins- The cabins were attractively done in green and white with matching carpet. The Oceanviews (my daughter had one down the hall-also on Deck 3), were somewhat smaller than Oceanviews on some of the other cruise lines we have been on- but RCI has done a fine job of designing these cabins. There was plenty of storage, a comfy small couch, and a small round wooden table. The cabin was clean and our steward kept it clean and pleasant.

Our three concerns were that the shower head needs adjustment or everything gets wet, the bathroom shelf is too small, and the duvet covers on the bed are too warm. It would be best to have a thin blanket in between the sheet and duvet.

Ship- For its age the Enchantment looks super. We found it clean, lovely in so many areas-especially in the Solarium. Can’t say enough good about this place- it is relaxing, done in blues and white with an adult pool and whirlpool. There were usually plenty of lounge chairs or small tables and chairs. The Park Café was right there and quite good.

Some of the areas of the ship we enjoyed are: the Viking Crown Lounge, the Centrum, the Schooner Bar, the theater, the main pool area with the big screen, the upper deck of the pool, and the My Fair Lady Dining Room.

The only disappointment was with the Library which is a small area near the Centrum on the 6th deck. It is not quiet and only has a few computers, chairs, and books compared to other ship libraries we have enjoyed. It would be great if this was improved.

The Staff of the Enchantment was outstanding IMO. They were the most interactive I have experienced-asking us how we enjoyed our day or a particular area of the ship. They went out of their way to greet people.

Dining- We ate in the Park Café, the Windjammer, and the My Fair Lady upper deck dining area. I have already mentioned the Park Café in the Solarium- the salads and roast beef sandwiches were very good.

The Windjammer food was as good as any we have had at a ship’s buffet. It did get crowded and trafficky, but we managed to find tables by the windows and enjoy one dinner, and several breakfasts and lunches.

My sister and I had a breakfast in the Dining Room one morning-very good French Toast and fun people to chat with.

We had Anytime Dining for 3 nights in the My Fair Lady Dining Room. We were seated at Edwin’s table each night and did enjoy his gentlemanly ways. The food was quite good.

Some of the entrees we ordered were: Garlic Shrimp, Chicken Marsala, Roast Turkey, Baked Fish, Steak, and always available Chicken.

We had appetizers such as: Shrimp Cocktail, Onion Soup, Tapas, Tomatoes with Mozzarella, and Escargot.

The desserts were too good and included Sticky Bread Pudding, Crème Brulee, and the Espresso Chocolate dish.

The Dining Room was spacious- more so that on some other ships we have been on.

Ports- We missed CocoCay due to high winds, but the Captain took us to Nassau early so that we could stay in port overnight. That was good. We enjoy Nassau.

We like Nassau very much and have done many excursions there over the years.

This year, three of us opted for Blue Lagoon Island. What a beautiful place! The ferry ride over is interesting too.

My sister and I did the Dolphin Interaction and my daughter did the Dolphin Swim. They were worth every penny. Dolphins are amazing and the time with them memorable.

The island, not too far from Nassau, has plenty of lounge chairs, water toys galore, and is clean and comfortable. It is a place to return to, for sure.

We also ventured over to the Wyndham area on Cable Beach the afternoon before, and my daughter and friend toured Nassau on foot- stopping at Graycliff Hotel on our second afternoon in port.

Entertainment- The Entertainment on the Enchantment was very good and varied.

I listened to the Rhythm Explosion reggae/calypso group at the pool deck, relaxed to the sound of the Standard Time Trio in the Centrum, and three of us had some good laughs at a Karaoke evening performance. My sister and I attended two Show Choir performances of high schools from West Virginia and Iowa. Their song and dance routines were outstanding. We could have listened to the orchestra, dance music, disco, Latin music, and theater shows. Some of us went to movies. There was just so much to do.