Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas - 1 Nov 14 *Transatlantic*

applefreakazoid

Hey, I'm Dan (28) and my boyfriend is Peter (24). Just wondered if any other young gay peeps travelling on the Independence Transatlantic on Nov 1st? Would be good to meet people to hang out with, especially with 8 sea days! It will be our first TA so not really sure what to expect. The demographic seems a little on the older side so far. Not that this is an issue, it would just be nice to hang out with people who have similar interests etc. My boyfriend and I have no problems talking to anyone from any walk of life, so I'm sure it will be a great trip regardless!

We're also sailing on the Allure once we get to Ft Lauderdale for another week so be goo to know who's on there too!

Dan :D

We are doing the reverse cruise to you in a few weeks to southampton and then will be on Quantum the day after you in November.

You'll have an amazing time TA's are so much fun and usually attract quite a gay crowd so you'll be sure to meet lots of interesting new people!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! My man and I will also be on the Indy TA that you're going on. We've done quite a few cruises, mainly TA's and mostly with Royal.

There are usually quite a few gay guys on board, some keep to themselves and others are quite sociable.

We love the TA's - particularly the sea days. As long as the weather is good, there is nothing better than just chilling out in the sun.

If you have any questions - please feel free to ask!

I see you are also going on Allure afterwards - I think you will be amazed once you get on board... the ship is incredible. You may be interested to know that Allure is going TA in April 2015 for her inaugural season in Europe!

Only 208 days to go until Indy!!!

Edited by drey_p

• 6 months later...

Hey, reviving an old post but I only booked 2 days ago!

Not sure if at 33 I'm still classed as a young guy, but I'll be joining you on the TA :))

Love the sea days! Well once I've reached sea day 2/3 :)) and the weather warms up!