Two teens in a room

I just think it's funny that Mom and Dad get the balcony room, while the kids are relegated to the windowless dungeon across the hall.

Hey Kiddies - don't complain, or we'll leave 'ya home next time ! ! !

Actually, on my last cruise my brother and his friend were booked in the inside stateroom and I with my parents in an oceanview 3 decks below...well they decided to switch it and I got to stay with the boys in the oceanview. :D We had a ball on that cruise.

alot depends on who checks you in at the pier...just back from the explorer, kids(17/19) had a inside room on 6 deck and parents had an outside room on 3 deck...no problems were raised but we did have answers for all of them if they did including moving a parents names but they knew that wouldnt be true..no problem at check in at all....and cruise went just fine

Boo's Mom, I hate to sound rude, but your post is incorrect.

Here is the real story, I know this because I have done it three times.

You can book two minors in the same cabin without anyone else over the age of 25. The rule is as follows: The reservation MUST be tied together with the parent's reservation! The rooms do not have to physically connect, but as long as RCCL knows that the parents/guardians will be onboard, and will sign off on the minor's cabin, then there is no problem whatsoever. Most online sites will not book you like this, you generally need to make your reservations over the phone.

I have responded to this question so many times, it is making my head spin!!! Well, not quite....but....we have cruised with our kids five times. Four of those have been in connecting cabins. No problem. The last... this past June 3rd., we added a 19 year old friend, my son (20) and my daughter (14). Not adjacent, but down the hall several cabins. We were never questioned...never had a problem. I truly believe, that the issue is that the cruiseline knows that there is a responsible adult on board and close to supervise these "minors". Maybe your level has something to do with it, I don't know. I just know we have always been able to book our kids in separate cabins without any problems.

Boo's Mom, I hate to sound rude, but your post is incorrect.

Here is the real story, I know this because I have done it three times.

You can book two minors in the same cabin without anyone else over the age of 25. The rule is as follows: The reservation MUST be tied together with the parent's reservation! The rooms do not have to physically connect, but as long as RCCL knows that the parents/guardians will be onboard, and will sign off on the minor's cabin, then there is no problem whatsoever. Most online sites will not book you like this, you generally need to make your reservations over the phone.

My incorrect post happened to be a direct quote from the RCI Brochure. It is not incorrect.

Now, is RCI enforcing their rules? No.

Are parents bending the rules? Yes.

I am sure you are totally right. But here is something else I learned. We just tried checking in online via "SetSail" with our two cabins (one of them with two minors only). At first we were unable to check in the minor cabin because they were both under 25. However, there is a link on the setsail page to link the minor reservation to an adult's reservation. Once the two reservations have been tied together (something you can do yourself on rccl.com), then you can check in the minor cabin. Clearly, RCCL has made this for this particular situation. This must be a new policy. As we know, the SetSail system is only a few weeks old anyway.

Archived