Sunshine or Pardise in Sept???

mcmath

We are going with a few families(so a bunch of kids ( ages 4 - 12) on their first cruise)... we have a week off school in Sept (Lucky Us)

Paradise is 2 days shorter, older ship but almost $800 less than Sunshine... Thoughts and comments appreciated!

Thanks

I agree. With a bunch of kids, shorter may be better. The fact it is cheaper is even better! If they love cruising, they can go later with their family on a longer cruised. I hope you all have a fabulous time.

I've cruised on both. On the paradise we had 15 kids from 2-17. They had fun and it was easy to watch them at the pool, most used camp carnival. When we traveled on the sunshine, without kids, we'd comment about what a blast the kids would have at the water park slides. However the sunshine is such a large ship I'd think we wouldn't cross paths as much with other family members. We liked the paradise for our large group of 38 family members. Whichever you choose you won't be sorry. Have fun

Thanks for the comments... it is so tempting to spend the money and do the sunshine when looking at all the pictures, the boys would love the basketball and ropes course and the slides are amazing!

HMMMM... what will we do???

Book the Sunshine you know you want to. We will be on the Sunshine in a couple weeks to try it out for a couple days with our kids. The Sunshine has EVERYTHING! The Paradise, while I am sure it is a nice ship, has not been updated and does not have anywhere close to the options the Sunshine has to entertain the kids. If you were going to book a Fantasy class ship I would go with one like the Sensation that has been upgraded and has Waterworks.

We are taking our girls on (8 and 13) on their first cruise in August and we booked the Sunshine. Hubby and I went on the Paradise two years ago and we loved it, but it doesn't have all of the 2.0 upgrades like the Sunshine. I think our kids will really enjoy the water slides, rope course, etc. and hubby and I will enjoy the Serenity Area and the Red Frog Rum Bar. Something for everyone on the Sunshine! :)

We booked the Sunshine for Sept! Currently sailing with 10 adults 13 children... group keeps growing.

Originally booked inside cabins for 5 but learned using 2 upper beds means no king bed so thinking of upgrading to a 6b to have the king. My daughter is only 4 so she will probably end up in bed with us anyway!

Will post a review in Sept!

Can't wait to read about everyone's experineces on the Sunshine!