confused another liquor questions

I am booked on the VOS for April 29th. last time I sailed there was a wine package you could purchase and they had several price options depending on category of wine, you could choose from the Platinum, the Gold and so forth there were 4 different options.

I just called and was told that now they only offer the Platinum. Can anyone confirm if this is correct. did not have a lot of confidence on the person that helped me on the phone.?

also she told me that the policy had changed and now we were allowed to carry in 2 bottles of wine per cabin. this was a big no no when I last sailed. can anyone confirm if this is correct

the price I was given for the platinum came out to 7.50 per glass assuming 5 glasses per bottle. not sure if worth it. what is the price of a glass of wine if ordered separately? I am not sure of the cost savings advanatage.

I am booked on the VOS for April 29th. last time I sailed there was a wine package you could purchase and they had several price options depending on category of wine, you could choose from the Platinum, the Gold and so forth there were 4 different options.

I just called and was told that now they only offer the Platinum. Can anyone confirm if this is correct. did not have a lot of confidence on the person that helped me on the phone.?

also she told me that the policy had changed and now we were allowed to carry in 2 bottles of wine per cabin. this was a big no no when I last sailed. can anyone confirm if this is correct

the price I was given for the platinum came out to 7.50 per glass assuming 5 glasses per bottle. not sure if worth it. what is the price of a glass of wine if ordered separately? I am not sure of the cost savings advanatage.

I found this fairly recent post. Hopefully can fill in some info for you.

found this, so probably does work out cheaper on a package unless you wanted the very cheapest wine on the wine list

How much does the wine package cost?

The cost of the wine package depends on how many bottles you select.

5 bottles: $165

7 bottles: $220

10 bottles: $300

12 bottles: $335

Please note a 15% gratuity will be added to each package price listed above. All prices in US dollars.

What wines are included in the wine package?

Below are the wines in the Wine & Dine package and their price per bottle if you purchased them seperately. Wine list and prices are accurate to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this blog posting.

Sparkling Wines

Caposaldo, Prosecco, Brut, Veneto, Italy ($40 per bottle)

Domaine Ste. Michelle, Brut, Washington ($49 per bottle)

White Wines

Moscato, Castello del Poggio, Pavia, Italy

Pinot Grigio, Attems, Venezia Giulia, Italy

Sauvignon Blanc, Kim Crawford, Marlborough, New Zealand ($39 per bottle)

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra, Central Valley, Chile ($33 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Penfolds, "Koonunga Hill", Australia ($40 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Glen Carlou, Paarl, South Africa ($52 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Aussieres Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France ($40 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Mer Soleil, Santa Lucia Highlands, California, United States ($68 per bottle)

White Zinfandel, Beringer, California ($31 per bottle)

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Spy Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand ($61 per bottle)

Merlot, Charles Krug, Napa, California ($56 per bottle)

Carmenere, Arboleda, Colchagua, Chile ($44 per bottle)

Tempranilo, Torres, Robera del Duero, "Celeste", Crianza, Spain

Malbec, Familia Rutini, "Trumpeter", Mendoza, Argentina ($40 per bottle)

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann,"Weighbridge," South Australia ($33 per bottle)

Sangiovese, Marchesi de' Frescobaldi, Chianti Rufina, "Castello di Nipozzano," Riserva, Italy ($66 per bottle)

Cabernet Sauvignon, Penley Estate, "Phoenix," Coonawarra, Australia ($52 per bottle)

Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi Winery, Napa, California, United States ($33 per bottle)

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussieres Rouge by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France ($40 per bottle)

​​Should you buy the package?

Will also confirm the 2/ 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom is accurate.

Edited by Brigbound

They no longer offer those tiered wine packages. There is only one package to choose and the price is according to how many bottles you choose.

The package is on the website.

Edited by jp30338