Mexican Riviera weather & water temperature in April?

MAN86

I am curious as to what the conditions in the Mexican Riviera will be like in April ? Now everyone get your crystal balls out ;) I am just curious what to expect weatherwise. Also what are the water conditions & temperaturs like :confused:

We were there last April and the outside temp was in the 80s and the water temp in the low to mid 70s. THe water was warmer than here in San DIego, but still a bit chilly for me. (I grew up in FLA with 80 degree water!)

I thought the weather was perfect! THe snorkling in Cabo was not so great, but still had a good time!

I've dove is Coz in the summer, spring and winter and have never seen the water temps or the air temps below 80 degrees

Are you sure we are talking about the same region? The OP question was about the Mexican Riviera - Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

To the OP:

We were there in April 2004, and found the water temps in the mid 70's - a little cooler in Cabo. Visibility was marginal at best for scuba diving. I went again in June of this year, and water temps were around 78 degrees in Puerto Vallarta, the warmest of the two ports you can snorkel or dive (the other being Cabo). Visibility in both ports of call were pretty bad, I thought, at 25-30 feet. I think the best time to dive that region is in late fall - water temps even in November are hovering around 80 degrees and you can find great visibility for that area - over 50 feet. I've been to Cabo and experienced 100 feet visibility in the fall (something that's quite rare). Suffice it to say, the water temps don't go up past 80 until August.

You will, however, have probably the best weather in the region - April is tops - no rain, nice breeze and NO humidity and cool nights.

Good luck.

I am becoming discouraged about doing any snorkeling at all. Are there any places worth checking out :confused:

In PV you can do an all-day party boat (which you can catch at the port) for around $30pp, and they will take you to Los Arcos and two other sites where you can snorkel.

The Mexican Riviera is NOT the Caribbean, but you'll see a few fish. Unless you have to snorkel, there's an awesome canopy tour (think zip lines through the jungle's canopy) in PV. Go shopping in Mazatlan and kayak or party in Cabo.

Archived