Oasis 3/22-29/14, so, so writing, pretty good pictures, very pretty girls!

Thanks so much for posting this review and all the great pictures. Thank you for the memories of my Oasis and Allure Eastern cruises in 2010 and 2012, respectively :)

We also did the Bernard's tour. Orient is the most beautiful beach I think I've ever seen.

As we will be in Nassau twice on our next voyage, maybe we'll do a city tour. It has been many years since I've seen some of the spots you shared. We usually don't leave the ship in Nassau.

I really have to think about that All Access tour!

And, most of all, thank you for the BEST.CRUISE.TIP.EVER!

EXTRA TIP:

Go to the Windjammer and make yourself a nice cheese and fruit plate. Pour yourself and nice glass of wine (from one of the bottles you brought onboard) and then go out to Central Park and enjoy the surroundings, listen to some music and have a nice conversation.

wineandcheese_zps219833f9.jpg

We specifically booked a Deck 8 ocean view balcony for our next cruise, because we love Central Park and the Trellis Bar so much. Love the cheese plate idea!

Edited by swwake

Thanks so much for posting this review and all the great pictures. Thank you for the memories of my Oasis and Allure Eastern cruises in 2010 and 2012, respectively :)

We also did the Bernard's tour. Orient is the most beautiful beach I think I've ever seen.

As we will be in Nassau twice on our next voyage, maybe we'll do a city tour. It has been many years since I've seen some of the spots you shared. We usually don't leave the ship in Nassau.

I really have to think about that All Access tour!

And, most of all, thank you for the BEST.CRUISE.TIP.EVER!

We specifically booked a Deck 8 ocean view balcony for our next cruise, because we love Central Park and the Trellis Bar so much. Love the cheese plate idea!

Thanks so much for your post. It was very nice to read. I really liked sitting and having a glass of wine before dinner each evening in Central Park and that picture is one of my favorites.

WOW!! Has to be the best review I have seen on CC, looking fwd to sailing on her in the not so near future but all booked up and counting down the days!

Excellent professional well done job. Kudos to you :)

Happy Days.

I expect you need a vacation after all the time n effort, another cruise maybe:D

Nice review and loved your photo, thanks for posting.:)

Thanks so much for posting and enjoying the review.

WOW!! Has to be the best review I have seen on CC, looking fwd to sailing on her in the not so near future but all booked up and counting down the days!

Excellent professional well done job. Kudos to you :)

Happy Days.

I expect you need a vacation after all the time n effort, another cruise maybe:D

WOW, thank you for your remarks, you are so kind. I am planning our next cruise for 2015, either on the Quantum or going to Denmark and sailing to the Arctic Circle and Norwegian Fjords

Thank you so so much for your review! I totally almost went through it all last night and was lost for hours reading and looking at the most beautiful pictures, in aww!

We are going but not until Nov 2015 for the first time on RCC, my DH has wanted to go on Oasis for a very long time and it will happen (not until another 18 months has passed by, oh the wait!)

Great review :D

Edited by BettyGiggles

just read the entire review! took a couple of hours because I was drooling over the pictures, particularly the sunset pics! We leave next Sun for a b2b on the Allure and this helped me get even more excited! Thanks for all time you took to put into this incredible review!

Thank you so so much for your review! I totally almost went through it all last night and was lost for hours reading and looking at the most beautiful pictures, in aww!

We are going but not until Nov 2015 for the first time on RCC, my DH has wanted to go on Oasis for a very long time and it will happen (not until another 18 months has passed by, oh the wait!)

Great review :D

Hi BettyGiggles,

Thank you so much for your nice remarks about the review. You will LOVE the Oasis and you will be on her before you know it!

just read the entire review! took a couple of hours because I was drooling over the pictures, particularly the sunset pics! We leave next Sun for a b2b on the Allure and this helped me get even more excited! Thanks for all time you took to put into this incredible review!

LUCKY YOU going on a B2B on the Allure. I have been on the Allure twice and Oasis once and there are still so many things that I would like to see and do on these great ships that I still did not have the time. ENJOY your time and visit all the great spots on the ship. Thanks for your kind words about the review. I am glad I could in some small way get you excited for your cruise.

I have never sailed on this ship, nor have I ever wanted to....

UNTIL NOW!

I hate it when folks like yourself post such fantastic shots of a ship I have never had any interest in -- it just makes my "future cruise" list get longer and longer. (So many cruises, so little time...)

I only have one question: do you know of any way to get all the other people off the ship so it would sail with just DH and me on it? Is there a number I can call at Royal Caribbean to work that out? :rolleyes:

P.S. You know there's a CC thread soliciting sunset and sunrise pix. Do find it and post some of those to-die-for shots you took. (BTW, did you have to pay extra for those sunsets? :))

Absolutely gorgeous pics...I can't wait to see the sunset from the solarium. Thanks for posting.

Thanks so much for your post. I am sure you will love sitting in the Solarium and watching the sunset. Make sure you have your favorite adult beverage with you!

I have never sailed on this ship, nor have I ever wanted to....

UNTIL NOW!

I hate it when folks like yourself post such fantastic shots of a ship I have never had any interest in -- it just makes my "future cruise" list get longer and longer. (So many cruises, so little time...)

I only have one question: do you know of any way to get all the other people off the ship so it would sail with just DH and me on it? Is there a number I can call at Royal Caribbean to work that out? :rolleyes:

P.S. You know there's a CC thread soliciting sunset and sunrise pix. Do find it and post some of those to-die-for shots you took. (BTW, did you have to pay extra for those sunsets? :))

WOW. thanks so much for your kind words. You should book a cruise on this class of ship. It is an amazing ship and the crowds are not bad. Plenty of open space and Central Park is wonderful to just sit and enjoy a glass of wine or just relax with a book. Book that cruise!

Great pictures, what kind of camera do you have? We are going on Allure to Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten in October, where did you take that picture of the harbor? Is Bernards tour on St Maarten the best, how was the guide?

Hi

RC if you're reading this, you should give Caneguy a free cruise for all this great publicity!

That would be amazing!! But I am not counting on that to happen.

Great pictures, what kind of camera do you have? We are going on Allure to Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten in October, where did you take that picture of the harbor? Is Bernards tour on St Maarten the best, how was the guide?

Thanks for your kind words on the pictures. I use a Nikon D7100, shoot in RAW and use Lightroom to "develop" the picture. The picture of the Harbor was taken at a lookout that our driver took us to on the way back to the ship in St. Thomas. I LOVED Bernard's tour. We had Dave as our guide and he was great. I think all of the guides for Bernard's are good. We had a private all day tour and it was wonderful for us (a party of 6) as we got to go where we wanted and stay as long as we wanted at the stops. The van has AC and is stocked with a cooler of beer, water, juice and the special Rum punch! Make sure you time the arrival of the big planes at Moho beach (the guide will know the times).

HAVE FUN IN OCT!! You are going to have a great time.

Thanks so much for your post. I am sure you will love sitting in the Solarium and watching the sunset. Make sure you have your favorite adult beverage with you!

WOW. thanks so much for your kind words. You should book a cruise on this class of ship. It is an amazing ship and the crowds are not bad. Plenty of open space and Central Park is wonderful to just sit and enjoy a glass of wine or just relax with a book. Book that cruise!

Perhaps I will some day book a cruise on Oasis, and Royal Caribbean will have you to thank.

On a technical note -- you said you were reeling around the ship when you encountered high seas -- this surprised me, as I figured a ship this big (heavy) would result in pax feeling as if they were not even at sea, weather/wind not withstanding. (This is one of several reasons a ship this large has held no interest for me.) The largest ship we've sailed on was Caribbean Princess, with near gale winds, and we never (to my disappointment) felt any ship motion except serious vibrations.

Do you think it is the "sail" effect of this "top heavy" ship that caused Oasis to rock and roll?

Just got off the oasis. . Your review was so helpful. Thank you

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for your reply. I am so happy that my review was helpful to you on your cruise. That is why I write a review and I am sure why so many others write a review, to help those who are coming on board next. I have learned so much from reading other reviews that I just wanted to pay back in some small way to help.

Perhaps I will some day book a cruise on Oasis, and Royal Caribbean will have you to thank.

On a technical note -- you said you were reeling around the ship when you encountered high seas -- this surprised me, as I figured a ship this big (heavy) would result in pax feeling as if they were not even at sea, weather/wind not withstanding. (This is one of several reasons a ship this large has held no interest for me.) The largest ship we've sailed on was Caribbean Princess, with near gale winds, and we never (to my disappointment) felt any ship motion except serious vibrations.

Do you think it is the "sail" effect of this "top heavy" ship that caused Oasis to rock and roll?

We had high winds and 12 foot waves on the Thursday after St. Marrten, even the crew mentioned that is was "rocky". On the Allure last Jan. we had 40 knot winds and the ship moved so much that the sliding doors on the closet were moving back and forth (forgot to lock them). SO you may get lucky and get some motion on the ship.

Thanks Caneguy for the great review of the Oasis. I loved all the photos and your creative writing skills. I have booked the oasis for DH and me in April 25th 2015. This will be our second cruise and your review and photos have gotten me more excited. Thank you So So Much!

Thanks Caneguy for the great review of the Oasis. I loved all the photos and your creative writing skills. I have booked the oasis for DH and me in April 25th 2015. This will be our second cruise and your review and photos have gotten me more excited. Thank you So So Much!

You are so so welcome. It is always nice to have someone post that they liked your review. I know you will have a great time on the Oasis.