Independence of the Seas - Review

I want to mention that the service was OUTSTANDING on this ship. We had Maurif as our Head Waiter, Adrian as our Waiter and Jose as our Asst. Waiter and all 3 were fantastic. They addressed all of us by name each night, showed face, remembered the little things that we feel have been missing lately on all cruise lines. They made sure if you didn't like something that you were happy. If they didn't have something they would find it. I only had 1 meal I didn't care for - a pasta dish that was bland but I was so full I didn't bother ordering another dish. Everything else was A-Mazing. I have no complaints about the dining room at all.

Here is a shot of Adrian with the napkin on his head - who was INCREDIBLE! Everynight he entertained our table with tricks for DD. Some originals we have never seen.

IMG_3274_zps71eeddc8.jpg

Our Cabin Steward was Nilda and she was Outstanding as well. On our last cruise (Carnival) the cabin steward never introduced himself to us. We are not really sure who he was. Nilda always addressed us by name everyday. She was always smiling too. They work them so hard and she never skipped a beat. I asked her to fill a RCI cooler for us the second day so we could keep our bottled water cold. She filled it every morning and every night for us without asking. They were selling the coolers on Labadee so we just asked a crew member to fill it for us on the island and we had cold waters all day. They sell them with water, beer or soda. I think it was $20 for the cooler with a few waters, not sure about the soda or beer. If anyone wants to see one, let me know I can take a picture.

Very excited now for my May sailing! Thanks for sharing your review with us.

Wow! Only 33 days for you. You will love the ship and the service as well as the food! I have no complaints and coming from me that says a lot. LOL. I'm in the industry so I notice a lot more than most. I know what goes on behind the scenes. This ship was very clean too! The crew is constantly wiping everything down everywhere.

There are a ton of chairs and shaded areas. They have beach monitors everywhere that will help you with lounge chairs. We tipped the guy and he dropped the chairs right where we wanted them.

Was the rental stand for the floating mats located near Columbus cove?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for this review, I am on Indy in just 27 days!

Can you tell me which stateroom you had? I am trying to get an idea of my view, were you on port or starboard side?

Looks like we will be on the ship together, getting even closer now and these reviews are making me become more and more impatient for cruise day lol! :D

I just replied to your question about snacks. We carried on a few bags of popcorn, fruit snacks, crackers, 3 one liter bottles of water and 1 bottle of wine. We also packed 3 bottled waters in our suitcases and had no problems.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I saw your reply thank you, my wife and I are happy to hear no one seems to be having issues with these brought on board, its nice to have a little snack or something in the room that we don't have to leave the room to get if we're too lazy lol, or too drunk either one lol :rolleyes:!

I saw your reply thank you, my wife and I are happy to hear no one seems to be having issues with these brought on board, its nice to have a little snack or something in the room that we don't have to leave the room to get if we're too lazy lol, or too drunk either one lol :rolleyes:!

You can always order room service too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We noticed the lounge chair police out in full effect on the Indy. The monitor would watch and if your stuff was on a chair for more than 30 minutes a crew member would take your stuff to the towel stand and leave a note for you. Needless to say we never had a hard time finding a chair . Apparently this is enforced in the theatre too. However we noticed a lady saving 6 seats at the ice show and half of her party never showed up. She was so nasty. How hard is it to have your party walk in together?

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

We noticed the lounge chair police out in full effect on the Indy. The monitor would watch and if your stuff was on a chair for more than 30 minutes a crew member would take your stuff to the towel stand and leave a note for you. Needless to say we never had a hard time finding a chair .

I hope they do this for our spring break cruise in 2 weeks! I once sat next to 2 pool chairs occupied by a novel and sunglasses for 6 hours. Never saw anyone sit or even come by the chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We noticed the lounge chair police out in full effect on the Indy. The monitor would watch and if your stuff was on a chair for more than 30 minutes a crew member would take your stuff to the towel stand and leave a note for you. Needless to say we never had a hard time finding a chair . Apparently this is enforced in the theatre too. However we noticed a lady saving 6 seats at the ice show and half of her party never showed up. She was so nasty. How hard is it to have your party walk in together?

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Something I've often wondered - if I'm in the pool and swimming for more than 30 minutes, what happens? I don't want to leave my bag and towel on the ground (as they'll get wet). I agree that they don't necessarily need a chair of their own while I'm swimming, but I also don't want to have to wander half a mile, dripping on people, when I get out of the pool.

Looks like we will be on the ship together, getting even closer now and these reviews are making me become more and more impatient for cruise day lol! :D

We are on the ship together! We are signed in over on the roll call, my bf and I were just on her in December - we CANNOT wait to go back.

Hi, quick question - I have never been to Margaritaville -- Is that pool bar at the restaurant??? Going next week -- thanks

Yes the pool bar and hot tub are both at Margaritaville. As long as you are a customer you can use the facilities.

Something I've often wondered - if I'm in the pool and swimming for more than 30 minutes, what happens? I don't want to leave my bag and towel on the ground (as they'll get wet). I agree that they don't necessarily need a chair of their own while I'm swimming, but I also don't want to have to wander half a mile, dripping on people, when I get out of the pool.

I think you will be fine. It's the passengers that take chairs at 6am and leave their stuff on them all day and never come back.