POAloha views at port from port side

picruiser

We'll be on the port side of the ship on POA. Wondering what the scenery is like at the ports? We have a balcony, and will be in port longer than usual. Will I be looking out to sea or will I be up beside the pier? Thanks, Sonia

In Hilo you will be looking at the dockyard. (Starboard will face out toward the town)

In Kona, you will be anchored and the port side faces in toward shore (better view, starboard looks out to the ocean)

You will be on the wrong side for the Lava flows, port sees those.

You will be on the correct side for the sailby of the NaPali Coast

In Maui you will be facing the dockyard. (actually some sort of conveyer structure). (port side faces the Iao Valley)

On Kuaui, the ship docks in different directions and on different sides of the harbor. Most of the time it docks facing out and in that case you will have view of the town beyond the dock yard. If it docks facing in you will have a view looking out toward the ocean.

In Honolulu, you will be facing the shipyard and then airport beyond the channel. (Port side faces the town)

ok well first off dont listen to keystone. wrong on most parts. When in kauai the ship always docks the same, or at least it did for my 20 weeks on board. U will have a bad view in kauai, but don't feel bad cause the port itself is not that great. On the plus side you'll have great views of the napali coast, but that too is subject to the weather. If it is rough the capitan will sail the oppsite way around kauai, which happened twice in 20 weeks on board. Make sure your on your balcony as you leave cause you get great views of the lighthouse. As for hilo its hard to tell. Hilo is boat drill day for the crew, and depending on what lifeboat teams are practicing will determine what side the ship docks on. Hilo is not a great port for views either. For kona you'll be facing the shore line, but we did turn the other way once in 20 weeks. Get up early for you will be able to see the mountain towering over the town. by 8-9 the clouds start rolling in. On to my favorite maui. You'll be facing the port looking out over the ocean. In maui we dock in kahului, which is on the windward side of the island. by afternoon the wind is usally blowing between 20-25 mph. IT will be windy on the balcony but u'll have great views of the windsurfers, and kitesurfers, and the best part will be leaving Maui. If u leave on time, and thats a big if, You'll be treated to the sun setting. in honolulu you'll be looking out over the harbor! As for the lava flow the ship does a 360 turn so there is no bad spot on the ship however the starboard does see it first. hope this helps

ok well first off dont listen to keystone. wrong on most parts. When in kauai the ship always docks the same, or at least it did for my 20 weeks on board.

First of all, I don't appreciate being told I don't know what I am talking about. I have been to Hawaii on two different NCL ships on both sides and I was speaking from what I saw.

On my Pride of Aloha cruise last August, I had a starboard cabin and here are my views:

Honolulu: The downtown

Hilo: The city

Kona: Out to sea

Maui: The Iao Valley

Kuaui: A hillside and some sort of grain conveyer.

I was able to see the lava flow from my balcony

I had to go up on deck to see the Na'Pali Coast.

On my cruise on the Star to Hawaii in 2002, I had a port cabin and had the following views:

Honolulu: The harbor shipyard

Hilo: The dockyard

Kona: The town

Maui: A conveyer like structure

Kauai: The same hillside and grain thing. Two different cruises and we docked two different directions.

Brittany: Great cruise to Alaska. I have a review on here.

read ur first post. ur were wrong. sorry but you were I spent 20 weeks on board. I u spent 2 weeks on 2 different ships! I do believe I know what i"m talking about! Also if ur so smart about hawaii learn to spell kauai

Archived