cave tubing question

krs

Can you go cave tubing from the pier without a reservation? This would be the way to go and not have to pay the $90 Carnival price.

Hola,krs,

We booked online with Wet & Wild on our last trip and I think that it was $55 or $60 pp. That included a stop at Amigos for lunch. I saw a few people booking there at the tender dock. My in-laws booked a snorkel tour at the dock and got it for $40. Great trip.

The problem with booking tours at the pier is that you usually have to wait until they have enough people. We once tried to take a snorkeling tour that way and gave up after waiting almost an hour.

I felt much better booking on-line ahead of time. I went with Coral Breeze because of all the good things I'd read on CC, and I was very assured to find out that the company is partly based in the U.S. (not too far from where I live, in fact). Their $59 rate includes and excellent lunch at the park following the tubing.

We will be tubing with Xtreme in November and I havea few questions if you please! We are on the first excursion at like 8 in the morning - how does this trip work out for tender time back to the ship? I have heard terrible stories of cruisers almost missing the last tender back onboard and I am scared to death of getting stranded in Belize. Also did this trip include lunch and the infamous ice cold Mexican beer? AND my mom is a worry wart and keeps telling me we are going to get kidnapped in the jungle - did it seem scary at all or isolated oranything freaky? Thanks for the info. I have read great reviews about Richard and this company and we booked excursions at the other ports with them as well.

We will be tubing with Xtreme in November and I havea few questions if you please! We are on the first excursion at like 8 in the morning - how does this trip work out for tender time back to the ship? I have heard terrible stories of cruisers almost missing the last tender back onboard and I am scared to death of getting stranded in Belize. Also did this trip include lunch and the infamous ice cold Mexican beer? AND my mom is a worry wart and keeps telling me we are going to get kidnapped in the jungle - did it seem scary at all or isolated oranything freaky? Thanks for the info. I have read great reviews about Richard and this company and we booked excursions at the other ports with them as well.

What boat are you on?

If you are booked at 8 in the morning there will be no problem to make it back on time to the ship. We left at 9:30, took our time at lunch, made a few stops on the way back and still had time to go shopping.

Our trip included lunch and the infamous cold Belizean beer. Some companies only stop for lunch if time is permitting.

I haven't heard any stories about anyone getting kidnapped in the jungle, but I guess if they were kidnapped they couldn't write about it on the message boards. Seriously our ride was safe the whole way over to the tubing.

Archived