Tipping on Pride of Aloha

janesm

Sorry if this topic's been done but I'm leaving for POA on Saturday and need to know the up-to-date scoop on tipping. I'm confused. So I think there is no $10 fee automatically added. But another post I remember saying that the crew gets well paid and tips aren't expected. Can anyone shed some definitive light?

Ok straight from horse's mouth. The 10 dollar a day thing is not happening on board hasnt for almost a year. As for tipping the best bet is to have cash and tip when you feel you have recieve good service. If you purchase drinks with your meal you can leave a tip on your cabin card. If you dont have cash and arn't drinking you can still leave it on your card by having your server ring up a zero charge on your ship card. Tipping is a big issue for the crew on board. In my 20 weeks on board the higher up's still hadn't made a clear policy on tipping. There are some bad server's on board that I wouldn't tip. I would base on how quickly U get your food. Most guests are very confused wether or not to tip. Its a big problem and is a morale killer right now on board.

Archived