Sunshine serenity

pbmsmile

This question is for anyone who has recently cruised on the Sunshine and had cabins on decks 10-11 or 12. I am wondering if you felt it was an advantage being so close when it came to finding chairs on the Serenity Decks??

1. Did you get up early to "save " a chair? (not chair hog...actually sit in it) ;)

2. Which level is the best one to set up shop for the day IYO? This is my first solo so I am hoping to relax ...read.. and tan on at sea days.

3. Actually any and all opinions would be awesome!! :D

This question is for anyone who has recently cruised on the Sunshine and had cabins on decks 10-11 or 12. I am wondering if you felt it was an advantage being so close when it came to finding chairs on the Serenity Decks??

1. Did you get up early to "save " a chair? (not chair hog...actually sit in it) ;)

2. Which level is the best one to set up shop for the day IYO? This is my first solo so I am hoping to relax ...read.. and tan on at sea days.

3. Actually any and all opinions would be awesome!! :D

We sailed her in March.

Loved being on deck 11 and Serenity being right out side. With the options of seating including the Clam Shell chair/bed, Chair with ottoman, Loungers and on deck 14 the beds, and Hammocks. It was great. Spent all of our sea days up there.

From deck 11 and 12 you could partially see and always hear the things going on down on lido. If you wish to get away from that go to deck 14.

The sunshine (IMO) has added amenities to the point of crowding the Lido and deck 10 over looking the Lido. Adding the Red Frog and Blue Iquana took up some prime sea day real estate. Very crowded down there on sea days. The overflow also moved up into serenity each day. A good thing is that the "Towel Police" did remove items starting about 10:30 as I recall. If you want an all day seat... Plan on being out there before 8:30 at latest.

Enjoy your cruise and plan on deck 14 for your sea days.;)

Thanks a bunch Big D!! That is exactly the info I was looking for. I can not wait for this cruise!

When I booked I was hoping my hubby would end up with the same Spring Break (we teach in different schools) but secretly kinda looked forward to giving this quiet..sun-drenched relaxing solo vacay a try. Don't feel too sorry for him though...we have 2 others planned in the next couple years that he is joining me on. :p

I do not dislike children but as a teacher..I just don't want to be surrounded by them and hear them screaming on my Spring Break...bring on the DOD ;)

Can anyone tell me if all of the Serenity decks have wheelchair access, looking at the deckplan it looks to me as some of the levels have stairs to the outside

There are 2 elevators that go all the way to Deck 14. They are marked by a sign above them on the lower decks. It is the 2 on the Port side forward.;)

Thanks a bunch Big D!! That is exactly the info I was looking for. I can not wait for this cruise!

When I booked I was hoping my hubby would end up with the same Spring Break (we teach in different schools) but secretly kinda looked forward to giving this quiet..sun-drenched relaxing solo vacay a try. Don't feel too sorry for him though...we have 2 others planned in the next couple years that he is joining me on. :p

I do not dislike children but as a teacher..I just don't want to be surrounded by them and hear them screaming on my Spring Break...bring on the DOD ;)

You are quite welcome!

I fully understand your position. Renee works at our High School and enjoys her breaks from the kids.;)