Mini bars

I've traveled a considerable amount in different work situations and with family and friends. Best I can remember, I have only bought one soda from a minibar and I don't remember anyone else taking items from them. I guess people do use them, but mostly I wish they were just empty refrigerators to put my stuff in. :D

I have read that I can request that the steward remove the items on the first day then we can use it, will they all do that or just the "good" ones?

Just ask your steward nicely if he/she will remove the items from the fridge, and they will be happy to do so. Remember to tell them that you don't want it restocked, though! ;)

Also, they'll bring you extra ice (to get the little fridge colder faster). Very nice when you've brought your own beverages and they're a tad warm from the pre-cruise voyage! We brought several gallon-size ZipLocks to help this process along.

Have a wonderful cruise!

You can ask your room steward to remove the items or have them lock the bar up. That's what we did with the one in my duaghters room a few weeks ago on the Valor. It's easier for them if they can lock it up that way they don't have to re-stock it after your cruise.

Archived