Kona Boys Outrigger Canoe

lovebears

We will be in Kona on a Sunday in September coming in on the Carnival Miracle. With this being a tender port, our time in port is 9am to 6pm. I do have a car rented but am researching and wondering if anyone has experience doing the Kona Boys outrigger canoe tour. It sounds like they are located within walking distance of the pier. Would we then need to rent the car? Are there other areas to drive to in Kona that aren't too far so as to get the car returned and not to miss the last tender.....or are there shuttles and areas that we might enjoy around the pier along with the outrigger canoe trip? Thanks so much.

We will be in Kona on a Sunday in September coming in on the Carnival Miracle. With this being a tender port, our time in port is 9am to 6pm. I do have a car rented but am researching and wondering if anyone has experience doing the Kona Boys outrigger canoe tour. It sounds like they are located within walking distance of the pier. Would we then need to rent the car? Are there other areas to drive to in Kona that aren't too far so as to get the car returned and not to miss the last tender.....or are there shuttles and areas that we might enjoy around the pier along with the outrigger canoe trip? Thanks so much.

We are also there in Sept. and I would also like to hear about this tour. It sounds like fun.

We were on the POA last September and did this outrigger trip with Kona Boys. It was great! There is a small beach on the left side of the tender pier and this is where they are located. The owner is such a nice guy!! He took us around some very pretty areas and we were in the middle of a bunch of leaping spinner dolphins. Take your camera and you will get a great picture of your ship. After your canoe time you can hang out at the beach or walk around in Kona. The hotel behind the beach had a very interesting display of Hawaii history and the first church in the islands is close by--those were interesting. I can highly recommend this canoe trip!

We were on the POA last September and did this outrigger trip with Kona Boys. It was great! There is a small beach on the left side of the tender pier and this is where they are located. The owner is such a nice guy!! He took us around some very pretty areas and we were in the middle of a bunch of leaping spinner dolphins. Take your camera and you will get a great picture of your ship. After your canoe time you can hang out at the beach or walk around in Kona. The hotel behind the beach had a very interesting display of Hawaii history and the first church in the islands is close by--those were interesting. I can highly recommend this canoe trip!

We are just a couple of 2....... Where you put with other people or how does that part of the tour work?

I booked this with hawaiicruiseexcursions.com. The guy said that he could accomodate up to 6 people in the outrigger but at the time we reserved we (my husband and I) were the only ones. If they have a website you may be able to book direct with them. I guess it depends if other people book the same time. At the time we went, one person was the guide and he had one outrigger canoe. This was a fun excursion! You don't have to paddle but we wanted to.