NCL embarkation assistance

GuitarGuyFH

In our party of three there is one person who is limited mobility. Knee and back issues make it hard to walk up stairs. ramps, etc for any distances. As I recall form our last crusie, the embarkation pathway is a rather long series of ramps that weave back and forth until you gain entrance to the ship. Does NCL have a means to assist passengers who cannot traverse that walkway? Once on board no additional assistance would be needed as is is level flooring for teh most part and the elevators are available so the cane we will bring along will be enough to get around. Thanks for whatever input you have.

First, call NCL Access desk (866-584-9756) about 6 weeks prior to embarkation to let them know you will need a wheelchair at embarkation.

As soon as you get to the port you may ask for a wheelchair. They will usher you through registration and on to the ship. You may dismiss the chair when you have gotten to where you need to be. (They do appreciate a tip. ;))

I thought your username looked familiar. We shall be on the Jewel together. I have not been out of New Orleans before, so I don't know if they have a ramp or not. Some ports, like Los Angeles, have elevators that take you up to the boarding deck.

Just remember that the ships are the length of three football fields. If the person would find that they need a wheelchair on board, they will not be able to use one unless it is rented. It is the same in ports.

My son has mobility issues and we cruised on NCL with him last year. I had the same concerns and called in advance. He got to go on first to avoid standing and waiting (which would me taken all of his energy) and had assistance just to board. Then he was able to bounce around all afternoon. :) NCL was fantastic at accommodating him in an extremely inclusive way! I'm sure they will be helpful AND supportive. Enjoy!