Help me convince my hubby....

MaiTaiMary

Somehow I missed your reply. Anyhow I had a long thread about whether I was going back to Carnival this year or to Oasis/Allure. My kids were very bored on the Dream. They've been on it twice and they don't like the kids club. We are going to force them to try the kids club this year. But I did put in the caveat "unless they like the kids club" in my response. Other than that, what is there to do other than video arcade that adds up quickly?

Here were my issues on the Dream (my kids were 10 and 12): Ping Pong, BBall crowded with older kids, kids don't stop playing ping pong so you sit and wait. Comedy: After dinner all shows are adult only. Same with Karaoke. The main shows were okay and my kids did watch a few of them but some were very boring for kids that age.

It may be a matter of perspective. My kids live extremely active lives. They play hockey, and street hockey in summer. They have ping pong, basketball, and a pool at home. They hated the salt water in the pool so that was a turn off for them too. The water slide was okay but they tired of that quickly also (perhaps if they were younger it would have entertained them more). They went to trivia with us and would have had fun if any of the trivia was about modern stuff.

Anyhow the only reason we are back on Carnival is that Valor is port heavy and ports we haven't been to and we are going with our very good friends so it will be lots of fun with them.

Would LOVE to do the Valor!!! DH thinks it too port intensive...he likes his sea days. lol

Our DD is 15, and is somewhat active. She is on the tennis team at the high school, and 4 different dance classes, twice a week.

However, with that being said, when she is home, she is a SLUG:rolleyes:

On the couch, watching Dance Moms, texting, earbuds in her ears, and not a care in the world.

She has never done the kids club, and never has had the desire.

We also travel with our closest friends and their DD, who is the same age, and they are close. They keep each other entertained:D

I hope you guys have a great cruise!!!!

I know I am looking forward to ours!

Now, if there is anything you can do to make these 81 days go by FASTER, it would be greatly appreciated:D

Enjoy!!!!

Wife and I are sailing in 11 days.

However, I have the opposite problem. I have to build a 22x18 covered patio/screen porch this summer before I can go cruising again in October. :rolleyes:

My mother always told DH and I we should save our money for retirement and not cruise. I don't regret a single penny or day that we've spent cruising, those memories are priceless. I never, ever, want to look back and think of opportunities missed because we were saving for an unknown future.

Our first cruise with our kids was so much fun, they didn't care what ports we went to and they were teenagers. We all still talk about that trip and it was 8 years ago!

Make your memories now, who knows what tomorrow may bring?

What YB Nrml wrote!

My family took our first cruise in March and had a blast (son 14, daughter 11). Neither went to the kids clubs and just hung with us - quality family time "unplugged!"

Our next cruise is this October and we're excited to see what new adventures we all get to do together again. Make the memories now!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

We're a family of 5 looking to book a cruise. :) Our kids have never cruised before, but we've been on two cruises in the past 10 years.

My hubby wants a Mexican Riviera cruise out of Los Angeles this fall. The price is good and it would be driving distance, so that would save about $2,000 on airfare for the 5 of us. The ports aren't of any interest to us as we've been to Mexico many, many times.

After MUCH research ;) I've decided I'd rather wait a bit and save up for a cruise we REALLY want to go on. I'm looking at the "Dream class" ships. The ships and the itineray look SO much more appealing to me!! :D

However, it would be quite a bit more expensive. After adding on airfare, we're probably talking twice as much. I need help convincing my hubby that we should just wait a bit long (I'm thinking Spring 2015) and save up for this one!

The ship looks like a lot of fun and the Carribbean ports (Southern, probably) would be ports we would actually be interested in visiting.

Our kids will be 7, 8, and 10 years old.

HELP!!! :D HOW CAN I CONVINCE MY HUBBY WE NEED TO SAVE UP A LITTLE LONGER AND SPLURGE ON A BREEZE CRUISE?!?? :D

Tell him you're ready to join the balcony club, but only on the cruise you desire. :D

If it were me I would have a backup plan with costs ready. Does it have to be the Breeze? Have you looked at the Dream out of New Orleans or the Magic out of Galveston?

I am very detail oriented and would have a spreadsheet with all the costs listed, the deposits that would be necessary to book and the number of months you would have to save the rest of the amount you need.

Yes, I've looked at the Dream and Magic. Pretty much the same amount of money. I thought airfare would be cheaper, but it's not. :(

Anyway you slice it, the cruise I want is way more expensive.

Interesting to see how other relationships work. ;)

We're going to discuss today and make a final decision. Looks like we're going to do the Miracle out of Long Beach.

So I could say "I lost", but hey.... we're going on a seven day Carnival Cruise, so I can't really say that! LOL:D

My husband's biggest argument is that we've never been on a cruise as a family of five. (or even a vacation, really) This will be a "test".

I just wish I can a more convincing argument when it comes to the price. That darn airfare adds up SO quickly!!

The kids will be 7, 8, and 10. They will love anything. I guess I shouldn't start them out with one of the ships with all of the "bells and whistles" then when we go on future cruises, they'll always expect it, ya know? :D

Yeah, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta aren't places I'm excited to see again, but I'm sure the kids will love it. I'll just have to research "family friendly activities" in these ports now.

Thanks for all of the input! :D