My Dawn Western Caribbean Cruise on March 23-30, 2014 Review with photos

FL Sunshine

Day 6

Cozumel:

We pulled up next to the Epic at the Punta Langosta port. This time our balcony was facing towards Cozumel instead of the Epic, which was nice. We missed saying hey to our Epic pals though.

As usual we ate breakfast at Cagney's. We were taking our time this morning as we were just going to do some shopping in port. Even though we missed the time for the priority disembarkation, Patrick still took us down the "secret" elevator. Today he had to shew away the crew members who were dressed up in masks etc to take photos with because they were scaring my daughter.

At this port, to get to the main road you have to go up an escalator walk through many shops and find the sign for the down escalator then walk towards the water. This is the major road where you will find Senor Frogs, local shops etc. We usually head right. If you don't want to be asked by locals to buy something every two feet, cross the road and walk by the water on the sidewalk until you get to where you want to go. Be careful crossing that road though, they drive crazy there. Sometimes there is a police officer stopping traffic so you can cross the road.

We did a couple of geo caches. We usually shop at Cinco del Sol, but this time I found a new favorite shop named Viva Mexico. They have nice useful items. All prices are in US dollars and change is given in US dollars.

We walked back towards the port. My husband's aunt went back to the ship and we headed past the port area to a store named Mega that we always shop at when we go to Cozumel.

You enter the building and there are little shops on the ground floor then you take an escalator up to the main store, Mega. It's like a really nice clean Wal Mart. Locals shop here. There is a/c and free wi-fi. We bought a 2L of Sprite for our daughter and three boxes of Mexican cinnamon crackers that are so tasty. Our supply until next time. :) They take US $, but you may get change back in Pesos. Try to pay to the closest dollar amount so you don't get too many pesos back. We got three peso coins back. My daughter just kept them as souvenirs.

We headed back to the ship and had lunch at the buffet. My husband and daughter went swimming in the pool. I just relaxed on the balcony with a perfect view and listened to the sounds coming from the shore. Later that day the Epic and the Dawn got together and had a planned party on the dock between the two ships.

Dinner, show, bed.

Next our last Sea Day. :(