QEII-Christmas Cruise-M1 class

CruiserBruiser

I'm booked on the QEII Christmas cruise to the Canary Islands, with stops in Lisbon, Gibralter, Barcelona, Dakar, etc. It's my very first cruise. I'm in the M1 class cabin. I'd like to know more about what to expect from Mauretania class cabins and service. Most posters, especially those who rave about the ship, seem to have traveled in the luxury categories, although I did find a fairly positive Jan 05 posting from a couple traveling in "steerage." (Is that term even used any more?) Also, is anyone familiar with the Christmas cruise? Is the ship decorated beautifully? Anything special for the holidays? Any thoughts on this type of cruise and the service class would be appreciated.

If you can manage it, you may want to consider booking the lowest Caronia Class cabin - a C5. This is the cat just above M and is not luxury as are the Grills, however is much nicer than M cat.

You will have single seating in the Caronia Dining room which is everything a Ocean Liner DR should be (and shares a common galley with the Grills). The table will be yours the entire dining hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In M class, there are two dinner seatings and open breakfast and lunch (you will not have the same table). It is definately worth upgrading.

Was upgraded one time on QE2 from a C2 to a P1 whereby we got to meet and be taken care of by Andrew, Maitre d'hotel of the Princess Grill who at the time had been on the Queen for almost 20 years. I understand he is now in Queens Grill?

Archived