Spring Break 2015 DCL or Carnival

So, we are going on our 1st cruise next month on the Carnival Sunshine. A 5 day to try it out. Its my husband and myself (both 40) and our daughters ages 8 and 12 (who will be 9 and 13 for the next cruise in 2015)

I am sitting here with the "I'm bored" over and over during our current spring break and want to plan something for next year.

When we initially planned our current cruise, the kids REALLY wanted to go on Disney, but we were planning with another family member who would have needed to take 5 people and it was too much for them. So we decided on Carnival. The kids were bummed until the saw the things the Sunshine had to offer.

My kids fell in love with the idea of the Sunshine. My youngest cannot wait to get on the ropes course on Sports Square and Camp Carnival and my oldest wants to get to Circle C.

I was thinking it would be nice to give them the Disney cruise they wanted. I asked my youngest if they still wanted to try it and she said...."Do they have a ropes course? If not....then no" :confused: Keep in mind they have never been on a ship and she certainly has never been on a high ropes course so while she thinks she will love it, who knows.

So I guess my question is, is the DCL "experience" worth the extra cost. We are talking the week after Easter so prices are very high. But the cost of a Disney 4 day on the Disney Dream is very close ($100-120 more total) than the cost of a 7 day on the Sunshine or a 8 day on the Liberty during that same week. They both love Disney world. I feel like they are getting older and the window for the experience being "magical" is closing.

So is it worth the premium? I am sure its a great experience, but is it a twice the price experience?

Is it worth the extra cost, not.

We looked into this same situation when my two were that age, And decided on Carnival.

We discovered that after the first day, the only time we saw them was at dinner and early morning. We have always had dinner as a family on vacation.

With Camp Carnival and Circle C, they made new friends and spent most of the time exploring the ship, being with new friends and activities. Carnival does do a good job of this.

Turns out my wife and I spent a lot of quiet time to ourselves.

Worked out well for everyone.