Phil Anderson -- Schooner Bar

Phil Anderson has been in the Schooner Bar on piano for about 6 years on Galveston cruises.

I just read on his facebook that he is not returning in the near future.

https://www.facebook.com/PhilAndersonPianoMan

Darn. I liked Phil a lot. Here's one of many youtube videos of him:

I'll miss you, Phil.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Who is coming onboard the NOS when Phil leaves. Will it be adult daycare:D once again????

If Derek Lewis returns, he'll probably be in the deck 5 English Pub. I hope Derek returns now that the pubs are all non-smoking -- he does not want to work in a smoking club. Don't know who we will get in the Schooner Bar.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Who is coming onboard the NOS when Phil leaves. Will it be adult daycare:D once again????

According to Derek's Facebook page, he will be going to the Rhapsody in Alaska next. Hopefully he will come back to Galveston after that (with Phil)!

I'm so disappointed that Phil probably won't be there in August for our cruise. We missed many a production show just to sit and listen to Phil as well as closing the Schooner Bar down a few nights.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Phil has since said on his FB page that he and RCI have worked it out and he will be on Navigator

I saw that. It would have been a shame to lose Phil from the Galveston sailings...he is fantastic!

Phil has since said on his FB page that he and RCI have worked it out and he will be on Navigator

Yes, I just saw that also. https://www.facebook.com/PhilAndersonPianoMan

He and Bubba Feathers are long time friends. It is fun when Bubba joins Phil, usually the last night.

Edited by Jimnbigd

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He was on our cruise last week. Maybe he was having a bad week, but I thought he was just Okay. His Ego seemed to get a bit carried away IMHO. He did get engaged while on the ship and she was at the Schooner bar each time I visited. Very lovely lady. He was entertaining but just felt that he was only really performing IF you tipped him. ( we did) however it was noticeable regarding how much "phil" performed