Beaches in Ensenada, Mexico

thomsoad

I go to a volleyball tournament every year in Estero Beach - that's about an hour away and probably not worth going to if you are in Ensenada for the day. The closest beach that's not poluted is still about 45 minutes by cab. There are NO vendors on the beaches there - at least none like you find in Puerto Vallarta.

Ensenada is not a beach stop. If you want to go shopping, you can go out to the blow hole - La Bufadora - and walk around a very touristy flea market. I am not sure where you are from - the beaches are not nearly as nice as those you see in Southern California and to be honest with you, the beaches in Southern California have never impressed me. Unless you drive well south of Ensenada or head north to Estero or Rosarita beaches, you will find it's mostly a very rugged coastline along the Pacific. It's also overcast much of the year.

I would recommend you guys go into town, do a little shopping and go to Hussongs or another bar for drinks. If you're wanting to do something different, take the winery tour.

Good luck, and have fun.

Archived