Best stratagey for breakfast in stateroom?

BODICERIPPER

:)

My friend and I would prefer to have breakfast on our stateroom balcony during our upcoming cruise on the Magic.

I know that room service is available 24 hours a day, but can a room service breakfast be ordered the night before, to be delivered to the stateroom at a determined time? Is this a satisfactory way to go? I've heard conflicting reports on the quality/accuracy of room service food.

Some cruise lines have a "continental breakfast card" that you can fill out and place on your stateroom door the night before, and the time that the breakfast is to be delivered can also be requested. Does the Magic have anything similar?

I've read that the passengers on the Magic can obtain a large thermos of hot coffee the night before, and that the coffee will remain hot until the morning. Sounds miraculous, but it sure would come in handy if it's possible. :)

I suppose another possibility would be for a passenger to obtain suitable cold breakfast items the night before, to have them available for the morning, if the stateroom fridge is indeed cold enough.

Any tips or suggestions? :)

My friend and I would prefer to have breakfast on our stateroom balcony during our upcoming cruise on the Magic.

I know that room service is available 24 hours a day, but can a room service breakfast be ordered the night before, to be delivered to the stateroom at a determined time? Is this a satisfactory way to go? I've heard conflicting reports on the quality/accuracy of room service food. Yes, you can order room service breakfast the night before.

Some cruise lines have a "continental breakfast card" that you can fill out and place on your stateroom door the night before, and the time that the breakfast is to be delivered can also be requested. Does the Magic have anything similar? I'm honestly not sure about the Magic but on the Dream the night before castaway cay we filled out the "continental breakfast card" and it arrived promptly a the time we requested and it was great.

I've read that the passengers on the Magic can obtain a large thermos of hot coffee the night before, and that the coffee will remain hot until the morning. Sounds miraculous, but it sure would come in handy if it's possible. :) This is true, but a fresh one will also be delivered in the morning with your breakfast.

I suppose another possibility would be for a passenger to obtain suitable cold breakfast items the night before, to have them available for the morning, if the stateroom fridge is indeed cold enough. We use to request chocolate milks from room service often just to have for my kids before bed or something. but for breakfast it will come when you request it

Any tips or suggestions? :) Info from DCL website

Breakfast

Start the day off right with a continental breakfast delivered right to your room. Breakfast items are available for delivery from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

Although subject to change, breakfast menu items may include:

Juices

Coffee/Tea

Muffins/Doughnuts

Toast

Cereals

For Guests in Category R, S, and T staterooms, a full breakfast is served upon request from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., excluding disembarkation morning.

Ordering Room Service for Breakfast

If you decide to order room service during your cruise, you must fill out the Room Service Request Card in your stateroom and leave it outside your stateroom door prior to 3:00 a.m. before the morning of the scheduled breakfast.

You can also order a Continental Breakfast by calling room service directly in the morning.

Because menu items may vary, check the menu located inside your stateroom directory for the most up-to-date information.

Hope this helps!!!

We usually stay deck 7 aft (on the classic ships). Love going up to the buffet, getting what I want, coming down the "secret" back stairs and then enjoying breakfast on our verandah.

I know that room service is available 24 hours a day, but can a room service breakfast be ordered the night before, to be delivered to the stateroom at a determined time? Is this a satisfactory way to go? I've heard conflicting reports on the quality/accuracy of room service food.

All rooms can order a cold breakfast, suites can order a hot one, there is a card to put out overnight and fill in what you want or you can order the night before, make it clear the time you want it, it's like a wake up call.

I have found in a suite there prompt but toast is cold.

Some cruise lines have a "continental breakfast card" that you can fill out and place on your stateroom door the night before, and the time that the breakfast is to be delivered can also be requested. Does the Magic have anything similar?

The Disney Magic does have this all DCL ships do.

I've read that the passengers on the Magic can obtain a large thermos of hot coffee the night before, and that the coffee will remain hot until the morning. Sounds miraculous, but it sure would come in handy if it's possible. :)

Yes you can Oder it, it kind off stays hot or warm but we Oder fresh in morning.

I suppose another possibility would be for a passenger to obtain suitable cold breakfast items the night before, to have them available for the morning, if the stateroom fridge is indeed cold enough.

Yes we'll you get the cereals etc the breakfast before.

Any tips or suggestions? :)

Answers above.

I would recommend the use of Cabanas we always go there the service is quick often I do a run for the family there or Cove Cafe or the snack places or self service station for supplies

Sent from my iPad.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

OK, the breakfast cards work fine as long as a team of kids doesn't run around the ship removing the cards from doors. If you don't get your ordered breakfast, it isn't always the fault of the room service team!

The best tip is a run to Cabanas and back down to the room for a secluded breakfast. But that's just my opinion. Also, breakfast in Lumiere's is good!

Be aware, if you are dealing with food allergies, it cannot be accomidated by room service. Which can make ordering breakfast in your room impossible (and Cabanas difficult too - not a quick up and down). But if you can eat anything, you have a lot of options. :)

Thank you, for all of the great replies!

Our stateroom will also be AFT Deck 7, so maybe my friend and I could take turns fetching breakfast.

And I'll be sure to try out those coffee thermoses. Maybe I'll pack a small bubble wrap, insulating "blanket" for it, which might keep the thermos even warmer through the night.

Great tips, guys and gals!

Gotta LOVE this site!

:D