Catamarans

My husband and I love snorkeling. Unfortunately, he is having surgery on his shoulder before our cruise and it may not be healed in time. My question is, we would like to go on a couple of Catamaran tours in Barbados, St.Lucia, St.Maarten and possibly St.Thomas. We are both worried that he will not be strong enough to haul himself up into the boats (even with the use of one arm, being 6'5" he isn't the tiniest of fellows). We have never even been on a catamaran so we have no idea how to get in and out of the boats!

Does anyone have more information, or experience, with doing these tours and how you can get on and off easily? I know it will be best to pick the tours and then contact them directly to see what their set up is on the boat but I thought I would ask around first to get some options and to hear about everyone's experiences.

Thank you so much for the help!

Suggest you also post your question on the Ports of Call Forums. Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Seeing as though MS impacts mobility catamarans are not something that I have ever experienced getting on or off in the water. Would imagine that many others on this forum may be have never been as well... but than I might be mistaken.

I also love to snorkel and have a spinal fusion and very weak legs. If the front steps of the catamaran go one or two steps into the water, I am fine. However, on our last cruise we did a CATS catamaran in St Thomas and the front steps ended above the water. It hurt to get onto the first step. At one point I was not sure I could do it.

I also love to snorkel and have a spinal fusion and very weak legs. If the front steps of the catamaran go one or two steps into the water, I am fine. However, on our last cruise we did a CATS catamaran in St Thomas and the front steps ended above the water. It hurt to get onto the first step. At one point I was not sure I could do it.

That's the problem. I have no idea what the ladders are going to be like or if they will have handles for him. I guess I will just pick a few to email and hopefully they will be able to let me know what their CATS are like.

Thank you very much for the help.