Nassau and freepot beaches ect

myatome

I am looking for an economical way to see nassau and freeport. I will be traveling with 2 minor children on carnival and i am looking for the cheapest way to go to an amazing beach for them to swim on both. Ship excursions are expensive. Are taxies expensive for 3 people. Please help.

As for Nassau you can walk to Junkanoo Beach. The beach is free to use, chairs are 7.00 if you choose. Full facilities, restrooms, food and drink. As you exit the Nassau Reception center stay to your right and go past the Hilton and a parking lot, Beach is on your right.

Edited by runner15km

We were at Freeport two weeks ago (3rd time). From the pier We took a shuttle to the Port Lucaya beach $10pp round trip. Follow signs to the beach. Once there we were told its $15. for entrance, chair facilities, & pool. Since it looked like rain we opted to walk a few blocks to the free entrance. The day turned out to be beautiful. The beach was great, had we known 15$ is a great deal. Hope this helps. In Freeport you need transportation to the beach. The shuttle is a good deal and after the beach you can browse the shops at Port Lacunya, sorry about the spelling. The port is set up with little shops and food. Not sure if it will be of interest to children.

Arelis