Rccl Video Review = D-

Ladies, I don't have good news. I was disappointed with the video we received from RCCL. I know Royal Romance offers different packages depending on the port you are sailing out of, but I feel we got ripped off. Out of TX there is only one video package and if I remember correctly, it was around $750 for 2 hours of tapeing.

I was very disappointed with the music. Very retro 70s. I'm in my 30s and remember the 70s, but don't really care for the music. Even though our wedding was casual, I think more elegant music could have been used.

And although it is nice to have shots of the ship, I didn't need to see the entire salon while having my hair done. I swear the first 10 minutes is of me having my hair done and shots of the salon - none of my bridesmaid also having hers done at the same time.

My mom, DH's mom and a few friends were the only ones asked to "give words of wisdom." Neither dad's nor siblings were even asked.

All in all, about 25 minutes of the 50 minute video is worth watching. And in comparison to the non-pro my friend did, I could have had those 20 min for free.

Very disappointed. If you can get a guest to do the video, don't waste your money. And just as a side note, maybe it was my fault for not being very specific about what I wanted taped, but for $700+, I would think they should know the basics.

Hope this doesn't crush anyone's plans, but wanted you to know my woes.

:( Andrea :(

PS - We showed the video at our AHR this past Sat, and many agreed a better job could have been done, but it was nice they could see the ceremony.

Andrea-

I'm so sorry to hear they didn't come through for you--I'm glad you have your friend's video as well! I've been debating whether it's worth it to get the DVD and based on your experience, I'm staying far away. Thank you for posting your review on this!

~Traci

Andrea ~

I am so sorry that you had such a bad expierence with the video. I would think for the amount that the video would be well worth it. I guess not!

I debated on getting it at the start too, but then my brother offered to do it. I know no matter what that his will be 10 times better as I love more candid shots and he has an eye for that. I haven't seen it yet. I can't wait, he is putting music into it!!

Ivy ~ I would find someone in your group who has a camcorder and ask them if they would mind video taping it for you. This way you at least get your ceremony and maybe anything else you would want.

All the best,

Shari:p

Hi all!!

Shari! How are you??

I have not visited the "tread" in a while, working lots..I just read it yesterday, how was it?? I hope to see some pictures soon!!

You are right, I will have someone video tape from our group. Hope you are well! Write soon! ;)

Andrea- So sorry to hear of your experience. That is so disappointing! I really appreciate you sharing it with the rest of us though. It is really thoughful of you!! I will be thinking of you!

Archived