Disappointed with Princess

debfew

The TA should at least tell you it's a group booking. Don't ya think??

No, they'll never tell you. Probably most bookings are "group" bookings. They contract with the cruise lines to sell X number of cabins and in exchange get a lower rate and often extra amenities, like OBC, free wine, dinner, prepaid grats, etc.

I worked for a major online travel agency for awhile and never knew if something was a group booking. All I knew were the rates and amenities that showed up in our search engine.

Any other cruise line I've cruise with will let you upgrade your category if there is a price drop. I'm so disappointed. I think I'll stick with Royal Caribbean from now on...

Wow, have you been incredibly lucky, because the cruise lines I know absolutely positively do have similar sales.

Someone wrote in how disappointed they would be if someone else got a deal for much less than they did. Why, if they were content when they paid whatever they did? I would love to see them on an airplane where virtually everyone seems to have a different price. Do they begrudge those who got a seat for less? I suppose they do. Sad.

Wow, have you been incredibly lucky, because the cruise lines I know absolutely positively do have similar sales.

Someone wrote in how disappointed they would be if someone else got a deal for much less than they did. Why, if they were content when they paid whatever they did? I would love to see them on an airplane where virtually everyone seems to have a different price. Do they begrudge those who got a seat for less? I suppose they do. Sad.

I don't think it's a matter of begrudging those who got a good deal. And, it's not a matter of not being content with what you got, but knowing you could have gotten it for a lot less leaves you feeling like you got duped.

Well the prices dropped again so I thought I might try again to see what kind of price I would get for an upsell to a balcony. The price of a balcony was just a little more than my interior at this point.

Princess comped me the upgrade and let me keep my 3 for free perks to boot!!

Thank you Princess, and thank you CC posters who recommended that I try again later as it never hurts to ask. ;)

Well the prices dropped again so I thought I might try again to see what kind of price I would get for an upsell to a balcony. The price of a balcony was just a little more than my interior at this point.

Princess comped me the upgrade and let me keep my 3 for free perks to boot!!

Thank you Princess, and thank you CC posters who recommended that I try again later as it never hurts to ask. ;)

That's great...Congrats! Hope you enjoy your cruise!