transfer from Civitavecchia Port to FCO

windy sails

Hello, it's our first time on a cruise. Thanks to this thread I'm getting a lot of useful information. I'm not familiar with the disembarking process and so could use everyone's suggestion here.

What time are you guys telling your drivers to pick you up from the Civitavecchia port on November 1st which is a Saturday. Our flight that day will depart at 11:55 am. I know our ship is suppose to dock at 5 am that day and let's say you have a flight the same as ours that day, what time would you wake up and get ready and I don't know if we'll have time for breakfast.

What time do you think they would let us off the ship? And how long the disembarking process is? I'm thinking of utilizing their walk off service and carry our own luggage when we get off the ship.

We'll be hiring our own private transfer to the airport but I'm not sure what time should we tell the driver to pick us up. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ed

Just got off the Silhouette in Rome on Monday after the April 20 transatlantic cruise. Great ship and staff! Breakfast was open very early on Monday- 6am. Walk off started very early too. There wasn't a problem getting off - you just have you ship's card ready for exit . There isn't an immigration or customs check. The limo drivers are at the door of the terminal with their signs.

We were told by our driver and by our hotel that 3 hours is the recommended time for processing through the airport. There is a separate international check in building where there is higher security. Then you get bussed to another terminal. All this takes time, and if you want food there, it takes more time because there are long lines. Watch for specials at the food counter, our terminal had a special for a pastry, tea and bottle of water for 3.5 euro.

We tried to check in the day before our flight, but United wouldn't let us. However, others with a different airline had no problem and also has TSA pre-approval.

Just got off the Silhouette in Rome on Monday after the April 20 transatlantic cruise. Great ship and staff! Breakfast was open very early on Monday- 6am. Walk off started very early too. There wasn't a problem getting off - you just have you ship's card ready for exit . There isn't an immigration or customs check. The limo drivers are at the door of the terminal with their signs.

We were told by our driver and by our hotel that 3 hours is the recommended time for processing through the airport. There is a separate international check in building where there is higher security. Then you get bussed to another terminal. All this takes time, and if you want food there, it takes more time because there are long lines. Watch for specials at the food counter, our terminal had a special for a pastry, tea and bottle of water for 3.5 euro.

We tried to check in the day before our flight, but United wouldn't let us. However, others with a different airline had no problem and also has TSA pre-approval.

So what time did you ask the driver to pick you guys up and what time was your flight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport, and flew out the next day. We requested an 8:45 am time to leave the ship, our driver from All Around Italy Tours was waiting for us and we were on the road before 9. There were 6 us of and all our luggage. They sent a second van to accommodate all the luggage to the hotel. We were able to check in at the hotel immediately on arrival. Then we went on an all day tour with them. Our flight was 10:50am the next day. It was a great way to see the area outside Rome and was an easy shuttle bus trip to the airport terminal the next morning.

To coolplex, what if I already made a seat reservation in advance for my flight? Do I still need to check in prior to my departure?

Does not matter. You need to check in at the airport.......