Buying liquor on board

swom

I have friends going on the Conquest in a couple of weeks and they want to know if you can buy liquor once you get on board the ship. They don't want to pre-order it, but would like to have a bottle for their room.

Can you do this and if so, what brands do they have and how much is it.

I think they drink Jim Beam.

Thank you!!!

I have friends going on the Conquest in a couple of weeks and they want to know if you can buy liquor once you get on board the ship. They don't want to pre-order it, but would like to have a bottle for their room.

Thank you!!!

The answer is no. Any liquor bought in the ships store will be held until the end of the cruise and delivered to your friends on the last night. The only way to purchase a bottle of liquor for their room is through Bon Voyage on the Carnival website or ordering through Bon Voyage over the phone.

Edited by Eng23

The answer is no. Any liquor bought in the ships store will be held until the end of the cruise and delivered to your friends on the last night. The only way to purchase a bottle of liquor for their room is through Bon Voyage on the Carnival website or ordering through Bon Voyage over the phone.

....which is exactly why it's so pricey! :eek:

When we were on the Conquest 2 years ago, I ordered a bottle of Bacardi thru room service, same price as online thru Carnival. Might of changed since then, just give them a call and ask.

I was just on the Pride last month. A few of us folks sitting at the bar one day actually had a discussion about this. Of course no one had the same experience. One person had success ordering through room service on one ship and one person had no success on any Carnival ship so far. I have heard ordering through room service is supposed to be the same price as Bon Voyage if you are on a ship that will allow it.

So far I have never ordered through Bon Voyage and only asked about the possibility of ordering a bottle through room service last year on the Glory and was told no. It never hurts to ask though. :)

Thank you! We just got off the Westerdam and we were able to go to a certain bar and have a bottle delivered to our cabin...

Strange that the same company has so many different rules depending on what line you cruise on.

Thank you!!!

I can't speak to the Conquest specifically, but we had no problem ordering through room service on the Breeze or Liberty.